Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Chelsea don't need to 'offer him around to clubs' on loan, he will get plenty of offers, and he was always likely to be sent out on loan anyway, that isn't a consequence of him being failure or anything like that, that would have been the plan to begin with.

We will be offering our youngsters out on loan, that isn't an indication that they've been failures or we don't rate them, quite the opposite in fact.

I do agree with you, but much was made that Carney wouldn't be sent out on loan and was part of the immediate first team plans.

Though I think the media regurgitating that line to fans is unfair, it was always clear he'd end up on loan.

Chelsea convincing him that was not the case and the media regurgitating it (which will inevitably lead to online abuse) is a silly error imo.

14 minutes ago, useless said:

Chelsea don't need to 'offer him around to clubs' on loan, he will get plenty of offers, and he was always likely to be sent out on loan anyway, that isn't a consequence of him being failure or anything like that, that would have been the plan to begin with.

We will be offering our youngsters out on loan, that isn't an indication that they've been failures or we don't rate them, quite the opposite in fact.

Nah I prefer my bitter narrative if I'm honest... 😁

• Haha 2

The initial plan probably wasn't to send him loan straight away, always made more sense for him to stay with them to begin with and get used to the club before going out on loan eventually.

Like when we signed Iroegbunam he was already highly rated enough that we could have seeked out a loan move for him straight away, but always made more sense for him to have a season with us first.

I'm sure the plan was always to loan Chukwuemeka out eventually and he would have been well aware of that or well aware that it was a strong possibility, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if them sending him out on loan was used as a selling point to help attract him to the club, players his age going out on loan isn't a negative in the same way it can be seen for older players who often go out on loan because they're not wanted by current club, with youngsters its more a development thing.

If Chelsea were prepared to sell I'd take him back here no problem, he's a damn good player, people talk about him missing a year, but that's not a big deal, plenty of our youngsters have missed years because of injuries, at least in his case he wasn't injured for the entire time so has still been training with Chelsea first team, and getting minutes here and there with first team and U21s.

I don't think Chelsea under Boely had/have a plan. They are just throwing money around willy nilly. £20m for Chuk, I doubt they even remembered they signed him with all the other guys they brought in.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don't agree. If he'd been here last season, he'd have probably either been out on loan or starting his fair share of games given the poor form of Bailey/Buendia at times. He'd certainly have got far more minutes than at Chelsea. He's lost a season of progress in my book last year. He's highly rated enough now to be breaking through and forcing a start for a PL team.

Maybe he didn't want to work with a clearing in the woods like Gerrard in charge

• Like 1

Wish we could move on from SG 🤡, never even mention his name. Still brought up online, Twitter etc. Best we move on and ignore what is/was a blemish on our club.

Focus on Unai and the future, what an amazing turnaround.

So excited to see who our actual targets are… hopefully we can get cracking and add to Tielemans shortly, maybe the appointment of a new sporting director (Monchi) is delaying some things slightly but we still have Lange around and it seems like he’ll continue to work closely with Unai.

• Like 3

Reports coming through that Gerrard going to be appointed as manager of Al Ettifaq in Saudi. I don't know if they've got a lot of money, but if they do I wouldn't be surprised to see Gerrard try and sign Coutinho and DIgne.

• Like 4

Just now, useless said:

Reports coming through that Gerrard going to be appointed as manager of Al Ettifaq in Saudi. I don't know if they've got a lot of money, but if they do I wouldn't be surprised to see Gerrard try and sign Coutinho and DIgne.

I’m not sure he’d be willing to do us those kind of favours. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Arab GIFs | Tenor

4 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

I don't even think the Saudi's could afford Digne's wages

It'd be a close one, but they'd certainly have to fork out a lot.

Digne ranks as the 23rd highest GDP nation on the planet at the moment.

• Haha 2

Just now, bobzy said:

It'd be a close one, but they'd certainly have to fork out a lot.

Digne ranks as the 23rd highest GDP nation on the planet at the moment.

Could be but what’s his debt to GDP ratio?

1 hour ago, sne said:

But twice as tall & fast and strong like a moose.

image.thumb.png.41a87fef83a94b4bb77be9304a313001.png 

Doesn't help him all that much defensively, it seems. Cash isn't an amazing defender either but still has better numbers. It takes a lot more than physicality to make it tbf - especially considering that teams at the bottom end of tables tend to do a lot more defending and so players often have inflated defensive stats. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, useless said:

Can they afford Digne's wages?! He'll bankrupt the Saudi state (and jawdees)

On 10/06/2023 at 15:58, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The Nico Williams link has probably been the longest running one since Unai joined hasn't it?

So might be legit.

catching up on the Rails, of Milot Rashica.

Edited by TRO