Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Barnes would have been good a couple of seasons ago, now we are shopping for a higher calibre player I think than what barnes is and what they will want for him, out of him or Torres it’ll be Ferran all day long 

Edited by rbcuk

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Final one for the day 

Which one you picking and why for that CM spot 👀

Mateo Guendouzi 🇫🇷 

Mikel Merino 🇪🇸 

Giovanni Lo Celso 🇦🇷 

Guendouzi all day long for me.

Decent price. Still quite young. Can play multiple midfield positions.  Is a shitehouse- which we need- too many nice guys in our 1st11.  Played regularly under UE before.  Can score goals and pick a pass.  Lastly...  has played in the Premier League before- and played well.

Honestly I think its nailed on he's coming to Villa as one of our signings.  I for one would be delighted.  UTV

• Like 1

I'm guessing Villa make 4-5 signings this summer.  Agree with other comments that we will need a squad assuming we make Europe- so we may not sell as many as people are thinking.

If we make Europe and have reasonable success (advance to knockouts) and reasonable success in both cups (win a few rounds each).  That would put Villas season at about 52+ games next season.  Easily enough games to rotate the squad and get 15-20 games for squad players.  Thats alot of minutes to go around.  Could absolutely be more if we progress further in any of the 3 competitions.

1 defensive signing.  Definitely will happen for me.  I'm guessing there will be 1 player from RB/CB/LB will be sold or not re-signed (Young).  Creating a need to be filled/upgraded.  Personally I can see Digne being sold, Young re-signed and being LB backup, then going out and getting a RB/CB upgrade on Cash.  That is my guess.  Mings/Konsa/Carlos/Chambers all stay.

1 midfield signing.  Another certain for me.  Guendouzi is my best guess.  He ticks all the boxes for me- as I stated in a previous post.  I can see us selling several MF players and looking at our loan kids until January at least.  We can sign MG and bring in Ramsey and Tim until January for cups and early Euro matches.  Then asses the kids again in January.

2 forward signings.  We need upgrades here.  I like the links being posted.  I can see us spending big on one (like a Nico Williams type), then less on the other (like Kang-In).  I'm guessing 2 players from Coutinho/Bailey/Traore will be moved on to make room.  Duran could be loaned out and Archer will stay until January to play in cup/Euro matches.

5th signing will be a better backup GK.

UTV

25 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Merino is one of the best midfielders in their prime who isn't at a top club.  I'd be amazed if he didn't move clubs this summer for a lot of money because he's been so consistent for La Real these past few seasons.  He is substantially better than Guendouzi.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Merino is one of the best midfielders in their prime who isn't at a top club.  I'd be amazed if he didn't move clubs this summer for a lot of money because he's been so consistent for La Real these past few seasons.  He is substantially better than Guendouzi.  

He’s got Champions League with Sociedad so I guess he won’t leave lest someone triggers his release clause. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s got Champions League with Sociedad so I guess he won’t leave lest someone triggers his release clause. 

Didn’t we trigger it in January but he didn’t want to leave?

27 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Why play in the CL when you can go away to FC Bruno's Magpies. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

🤣

I can see a lot of this over the summer.

Clubs around the top table of the PL becoming scared of us breaking in and try to unsettle our players with derisory bids.

Mings isn't for sale, they should try Dunk instead at Brighton similar age and profile and Brighton might actually sell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 7392craig said:

Villa don’t make deals like that any more. You want our players? Expect to pay full price. Besides, he’s our best cb, why would we trade him for a defender who is consistently less consistent? 

Yes but it’s United and they’ve won the league loads of times blah, Blau , blah. What these plastic idiots don’t realise is that, Alex Ferguson’s Man U won the league lots of times but Man U haven’t won the league without his help since 1967. That’s almost 60 years ago! 

Those of them that haven’t already bought a sky blue shirt yet need to get a move on before Pep clears off. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1