Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep being linked with everybody at the moment and so I think the criteria for creating new player threads may need to be higher this summer than usual, otherwise it’s going to be crazy.

Bring on crazy, few months ago we were looking at championship football, just enjoy the fun

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

We're 4th on the form table under Emery and Buendia is a regular starter and contributes to our position on the table and does get vilified even after we've won or got a point and more so when Bailey was out. You're constantly shitting on him. Get a new hobby

We have over performed though in the period since Emery joined. So without new players we'd expect us to drop back from those numbers. It's with anew players though that opens up anywhere between 2nd and 8th for us next season. 

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would we sign him and Guendouzi?

I assume it's one or the other. Assume it's important to have 3 realistic options per position and then decide on who based on price / willingness to join / salary etc..

Whatever happens this summer. I just hope we make the right signings. It's a crucial time for this club. We can legit get Champions League next season top 5 would likely be enough given how strong PL is in European competitions. 

14 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I absolutely love Parejo, one of my favourite players to watch, but if there's one player that doesn't suit the Premier League in 2023 it's him.

I know nothing about him but by just looking him up , 34 year old central midfielder, I'd assume a squad player that would be brought in to benefit the team by just being around with possiblity of a coaching role in the future, would that be wide of the mark?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

this summer is going to be wild in terms of transfer speculation

I’m ready for it now though, sod the summer, where’s my hot tub Time Machine

I hope we don’t just shop in La Liga though

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

this summer is going to be wild in terms of transfer speculation

Can't wait for the 3 month long saga of daily BS Romano tweets of "Guendouzi close to finalizing move to Aston Villa" along with MARCA linking us to every single La Liga player under the sun.  

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yep being linked with everybody at the moment and so I think the criteria for creating new player threads may need to be higher this summer than usual, otherwise it’s going to be crazy.

Waiting for the Oxlade Chamberlain link to re-emerge 😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sign all the Spanish speaking Internationals!!

And bring back Carles Gil, he still has unfinished business here!

19 minutes ago, maqroll said:

And bring back Carles Gil, he still has unfinished business here!

You know he's 30! Man I'm old.

Plays in the mls now.

• Like 1