Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, gaz90 said:

If Alemany's appointment is a result of our relationship with Jorge Mendes, we might see more of his clients join us this summer. We've been linked with Joao Felix, Manuel Ugarte and Antonio Silva in the last six months, to name three. 

I would hope we are not going to be a play thing for Mendes and do our transfers

I also hope we wont be raiding Barcelona for players. Leave these scum clubs find own way out of financial problems

3 hours ago, John said:

I will have a stab at it, how about, Nketiah, Weghorst, Aubameyang, Gakpo and Richarlison?

I know where you are coming from though, although centre forwards as such, are usually described more loosely as "forwards" or "strikers" today and can include wider players. I think we are clearly short of options to Ollie and that should Bailey and/or Traore leave in the summer, and we loan out Duran, then that would be increasingly the case. 

2nd striker, only striker, god knows it’s Chelsea, forward, 2nd striker.

The point is these teams don’t have three centre forwards

18 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I cannot wait for the endless fish and tits puns, 450 pages of will he, won't he guff over a player we were never even interested in. The joy, the tears. The ups, the downs. 11 different incarnations of Messi11, Villatalkers hanging on the words and tweets of a 12 year old whos making it up for s**ts and giggles and it all ending with 3 new cult hero transfer targets being consigned to Julie B's basement. 

I’m writing my resignation letter already!

• Haha 1

I think some people might underestimate what an impact having the likes of Emery, Barcas highly rated Director of Football and our general trajectory will have on our standing in the game and perception by players this summer.

Players which at one point, may not have given us time of day, will now have their ears perked up, regardless of how the season now ends IMO.

Also saw another post which claims Unai has plans for an overhaul and will be given free reign by NSWE as well as very healthy funds to pursue this.

Agents and the like will be blowing up the " fax machine " !

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think some people might underestimate what an impact having the likes of Emery, Barcas highly rated Director of Football and our general trajectory will have on our standing in the game and perception by players this summer.

Players which at one point, may not have given us time of day, will now have their ears perked up, regardless of how the season now ends IMO.

Also saw another post which claims Unai has plans for an overhaul and will be given free reign by NSWE as well as very healthy funds to pursue this.

Agents and the like will be blowing up the " fax machine " !

spittin' fax brew, straight fax

• Haha 2

Whilst I am definitely ambitious and want us to finish as high as possible I really like pretty much all of the players we have and don't want them to be replaced/pushed down the pecking order next year. E.g Pau Torres looks an amazing player but I don't know how I would feel if he replaced Mings or if we brought in a shiny new player to replace Watkins. 

Maybe im being stupid or a bit sentimental, but Emery has done a fantastic job improving the players we have and I think they have another level to go further so I hope we only add 2/3 Moreno type players in that are under the radar signings that improve us a bit further each time. 

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Too sentimental mate.

If an elite club came in for them they’d be off in a shot that’s for sure.  I also want to keep improving and see what Emery can do in the market.  We have quality bunch of players but very few are elite, the difference one or two elite added to this could make is huge, just look what Kamara has done for us.

Yup, let's create our own  " Elite Club " where players will even be willing/fighting to be competition to come to, or stay here.

This doesn't mean the nucleus or ethos necessarily needs to change.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Lee Kang-In is one of our summer signings given that Alemany promoted him whilst at Valencia 

He has to complete 2 years of his required South Korean military service sometime in the next 4 years.  Most of the rest of the South Korean national team received a military service exemption when they won the gold medal at the Asian Games in 2018, but Lee decided to not join the squad at that time and focus on his club career.  He has one more opportunity to win an exemption this fall at the 2022 Asian Games, but it's going to be even harder this time around with the rise of Japanese football.  

So what happens to us?  We spend all this money on him to come to Villa only to have him for 2 years before he fooks off for 2 years?  I think it's the reason why nobody else has come in for him yet.  

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

2nd striker, only striker, god knows it’s Chelsea, forward, 2nd striker.

The point is these teams don’t have three centre forwards

Agreed but with Ollie, Archer/Duran and a new striker would we have three centre forwards? Those clubs are well stocked with forward players/strikers (as we also need to be), there are not too many actual "centre forwards" out there and I agree, we don't need three of them, just a couple more striking options. 

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Like when you start a game of Championship Manager by yourself in two player mode and sell all of one clubs best players to your other club for peanuts.

I never did that of course 🥷

I bet the pesky selling team’s board sometimes blocked the transfer… not that I did it either 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

He has to complete 2 years of his required South Korean military service sometime in the next 4 years.  Most of the rest of the South Korean national team received a military service exemption when they won the gold medal at the Asian Games in 2018, but Lee decided to not join the squad at that time and focus on his club career.  He has one more opportunity to win an exemption this fall at the 2022 Asian Games, but it's going to be even harder this time around with the rise of Japanese football.  

So what happens to us?  We spend all this money on him to come to Villa only to have him for 2 years before he fooks off for 2 years?  I think it's the reason why nobody else has come in for him yet.  

@SecretVillaScout mentioned in the LKI thread that he dosen't have to do the 2 years of service as he has been in spain since 2011, is only 21 and presumably has therefore spent enough time abroad to be exempt

5 hours ago, alexvilla4 said:

Whilst I am definitely ambitious and want us to finish as high as possible I really like pretty much all of the players we have and don't want them to be replaced/pushed down the pecking order next year. E.g Pau Torres looks an amazing player but I don't know how I would feel if he replaced Mings or if we brought in a shiny new player to replace Watkins. 

Maybe im being stupid or a bit sentimental, but Emery has done a fantastic job improving the players we have and I think they have another level to go further so I hope we only add 2/3 Moreno type players in that are under the radar signings that improve us a bit further each time. 

completely sentimental, they are paid handsomely and if they aren't wanted 'enough' they can get paid handsomely somewhere else.