Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I'll have to disagree. Rodri at City plays most games and all the important ones. Fabinho at Liverpool is the same. 

The reality is the top teams all have 5 or 6 players that play most games so long as they're fit. Those players only really get rotated for league Cup games, early rounds of the FA Cup. And the weakest prem and champions league opposition. And even then unless its the league Cup they don't rest more than 2 or 3 of them at once.

This is true for the defensive positions even more so. If Kamara is fit he would start every prem game. That leaves his alternative with scraps at best. 

We need to put our resources in to other areas. Right wide forward is the most pressing. Then another wide midfielder as we only have 3 suitable players for these 2 positions. The right back as I can see Youngs limitations the more he plays.  Right centre back as I don't rate Chambers as a centre back, and Konsa is someone I think we can improve on. A better no 2 keeper. If Iroegbunam isn't deemed ready to back up Doug then a Doug backup. All this for me trumps a dendonker replacement.

I’d agree there are always some players that tend to be first choice in most games, certainly big games. But it’s still a squad game where some players will be rested more particularly before crucial games or positions that are better covered in the case of injury. I’d also imagine that the hierarchy have priorities. We’ll see soon enough what they are. 

6 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I wonder if we’ll be after Gonçalo Ramos, mendes is his agent, only 21 and doing very well in Portugal. 

Think he was reported similar price to Nunez, can’t see us spending that 

Only Haaland is a better young striker in world football than Vlahovic. Not got as going this season but is some striker

Would need Ollie to do a lot of his running though as always reminds me Van Nistelrooy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Only Haaland is a better young striker in world football than Vlahovic. Not got as going this season but is some striker

Would need Ollie to do a lot of his running though as always reminds me Van Nistelrooy

What about Osmihen?

In fairness I don't know much about them, just know they are names which are often mentioned as young striking " prodigies '.

Which one of those would there be a more reasonable chance of attaining, if any at all!?

Random, and not sure where to put this, but just saw Micah talking more about signing for Villa.

He claims that one of the reasons he came was because Delph said he was going to stay, he also claims that Adebayor had all but signed for us. To the point of taking photos with the shirt and all that, then did a U turn.

So it's not only us Fabian conned!

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What about Osmihen?

In fairness I don't know much about them, just know they are names which are often mentioned as young striking " prodigies '.

Which one of those would there be a more reasonable chance of attaining, if any at all!?

Osimhen is a bit older at 24 so wouldnt call him that young anymore but is also elite

Completely different style though

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Random, and not sure where to put this, but just saw Micah talking more about signing for Villa.

He claims that one of the reasons he came was because Delph said he was going to stay, he also claims that Adebayor had all but signed for us. To the point of taking photos with the shirt and all that, then did a U turn.

So it's not only us Fabian conned!

Its quite a known story. Adebayor faith healer or priest advised against it and he moved elsewhere

He got 1 goal that season so doubt he would have helped

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What about Osmihen?

Osmihen is being reported to cost over 100m. 

If we're looking to spend big on a striker, I'd love the rumored Vlahovic or Kolo Muani over Osmihen. All seem like pipe dreams tho