Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Currently 73k euros a week according to Fabrizio Romano. Goes to 115k euros if they buy out his Italian-club release clause

Fair, but if a few European clubs get into a bidding war that is going up massively. Didn’t he once try and get €250k a week out of United?

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fair, but if a few European clubs get into a bidding war that is going up massively. Didn’t he once try and get €250k a week out of United?

Yeah think so. 

Realistically, the move to Roma was a chance for him to prove to elite clubs he's still got 'it' after a not ideal end to his Juve career. His wages are decent but not great for a player of his stature. He'd probably have been alright with them for a couple years but those clauses are in there on the basis that if he played well he'd get to renegotiate his salary with a new club.

I'd say the bidding starts around £150k, we can pay that, but so can every elite club in the continent.

So I think it's incredibly unlikely we wind up with Dybala.

The only way I could see it is if he really likes being *the* guy and we may end up representing a good mix of European football, Big wages, top manager and being able to offer him that status in the squad.

Bit of a stretch though

Edited by HalfTimePost

I am genuinely confident of 6th.

Liverpool will get 5th.
Spurs are falling apart, and if we beat them, I am sure we'll get more points in our other games than them.
Brighton have the games, but losing to Forest is an example of how their games will go. Again, we need to beat them at home, but suspect by then a draw will be enough.

We have momentum over these teams, and although the games look tough - they are probably more worried about us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Interesting. A 21yr old Championship forward player with 11 goals and 4 assists in 35 games. 

I have an interesting piece of ITK that Villa have already signed a 21yr Championship forward player with 10 goals and 6 assists in just 18 games this summer. Deal is done and he will come to us this summer. 

Different players. Pedro he can play in midfield or wide, as he has for most of the season.

If Archer makes the cut for Emery, it'll be as a striker only IMO. Can't see him working in the PL in that supporting role.

It really puts things into perspective when you consider that this season was the first in a very, very long time where it hasn't been a matter of life or death whether we sign a bunch of starters. We've only just really shaken off the consequences of awful squad building from the Xia-era and getting promoted arguably a season before we were really ready. Like, we obviously need a striker, but it's not a case of "it'll be really, really bad if we don't get this one right". The squad-building is finally finding some stability and now there's an elite manager at the helm. Fascinating summer ahead.

56 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

It really puts things into perspective when you consider that this season was the first in a very, very long time where it hasn't been a matter of life or death whether we sign a bunch of starters. We've only just really shaken off the consequences of awful squad building from the Xia-era and getting promoted arguably a season before we were really ready. Like, we obviously need a striker, but it's not a case of "it'll be really, really bad if we don't get this one right". The squad-building is finally finding some stability and now there's an elite manager at the helm. Fascinating summer ahead.

Yes we are facing a fascinating summer and we need to appreciate that we will aiming to bring in top quality players wherever we can. Thinking a player “will never come to Villa” will not be automatically applicable.

I think moving forward we will only see two maybe three players come in the summer windows and possibly one in the winter depending on injuries etc.

We don’t have to get more than that in because of the fact that Don Unai will surely improve the current players some more after a full summer pre-season.

Naturally some players will hit their ceilings and will be replaced but until then 2/3 will be enough imo. 

@Tomaszk agree about the Watford lad Pedro. Very good player.

I can see us with a bench for our first game next season of

New GK

Cash

Carlos

Digne

Buendia 

Ramsey

Bailey

Kang-In

Duran

Imagine, with Guendouzi, a new forward and a new RB/RCB

Could even have Dendoncker, Young, Coutinho not making a match day squad!

Would be incredible 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Great signing for our new divisional rivals. If we finish ahead of Brighton every year we'll be doing very very well.

Maybe, but they'll probably lose McAllister and Ferguson (at least) to bigger clubs.

On 26/04/2023 at 11:17, Guardian_Angel_M said:

Oscar Cortés is currently attracting a lot of interest from different clubs and this should only increase after the U20 WC. Very strong and direct player whom I find very similar to Luis Diaz, wouldn't surprise me if he went the Benfica/Porto route to Europe for £5-7 m 

Scored and assisted yesterday. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3cmwImvxK4

12 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Maybe, but they'll probably lose McAllister and Ferguson (at least) to bigger clubs.

Thought Ferguson just signed a new deal in the last few weeks?

• Like 1

L’Équipe via Sports Witness have linked us with Adrien Truffert, who would be a decent back up to Moreno if we sell Digne. I can’t seem to find the link from L’Équipe directly though.

Edited by Rustibrooks

13 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

L’Équipe via Sports Witness have linked us with Adrien Truffert, who would be a decent back up to Moreno if we sell Digne. I can’t seem to find the link from L’Équipe directly though.

Decent LB, would say yes not as rapid as Moreno but he’d be good competition for him, if we offload Digne.

I’d be happy with any of Truffert, Kerkez or Maatsen

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, burchy said:

Decent LB, would say yes not as rapid as Moreno but he’d be good competition for him, if we offload Digne.

I’d be happy with any of Truffert, Kerkez or Maatsen

They play quite similar but yeah as you said he’s not as rapid as Moreno but he has a bit of pace on him and is decent on the ball. He needs to improve his defending a bit but he’s only 21 so he’s got room to grow. 

41 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I think this is just a regurgitation of an old link that's all a bit hypothetical: Matte Moretto who broke the Moreno link said back in December that Truffert was the alternative target for a starting LB if we didn't get Moreno. We may well have bid in January, but I'm not so sure we'd go back in even if Digne leaves: especially since Moreno has solidified himself in the team.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1