Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

6 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Why do people seem so intent on selling Cash? I thought he was very good against Arsenal.

I think he seems a player that Emery doesn't really trust and also he is also one of the players that could rake in a decent transfer fee without losing a key player

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think he seems a player that Emery doesn't really trust and also he is also one of the players that could rake in a decent transfer fee without losing a key player

Yeah, I think Emery wants that 3rd CB as a RB. Someone with good range of passing so they can join the two 6s in midfield in the attacking phase and help build from the back in possession. We just don't have that type of player. 

Cash is a good RB but he's not going to suit the system Emery wants to play. LB is the position where we have a wing back type player. So in our defence I see a new RB/RCB. I also think we'll look to get a younger CB in and replace Chambers. We can then sell Cash & Chambers

We need players who are physically quick and also have speed of thought.

If we are not 100% on it we simply cant keep up with the opposition, we have too many average or below average pace wise.

Also a large proportion of the goals we have conceded lately are down to being slow to react, failing to read the situation, and therefore not being in the right position to cut out the danger.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think Cash doesn’t have the technical skill or discipline to be a consistent starter for Unai. If that’s the case, we should cash in if the right deal comes up. 

45 minutes ago, striker said:

Both Cash and Digne will be sold in the summer alongside Chambers and maybe Konsa too.

Everton can be a viable place for some of these players given how poorly your club is run although Everton still have a high chance of being relegated and these players are unlikely to drop a division.  If Everton do survive then maybe we can offload some players to them for some decent fees.

Edited by nick76

38 minutes ago, striker said:

Both Cash and Digne will be sold in the summer alongside Chambers and maybe Konsa too.

I think we’ll keep Konsa as he can be squad cover for RB/CB and is still relatively young, agree on the others. 

I’d like us to sell Digne and get in someone like Truffert or Kerkez but if we don’t I can see KKH being utilised on the left instead of the right under Emery’s system. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, burchy said:

I think we’ll keep Konsa as he can be squad cover for RB/CB and is still relatively young, agree on the others. 

I’d like us to sell Digne and get in someone like Truffert or Kerkez but if we don’t I can see KKH being utilised on the left instead of the right under Emery’s system. 

KHH going from barely starting at Huddersfield to chuck straight into our first team next season?! He's going to need a decent loan first surely in the championship.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, burchy said:

Not sure KKH is ready for first team football for us, I think at best he’ll go out on loan again.

Other than a six game spell in October and November Kesler started most weeks for Huddersfield, he started five of his last seven appearances for them and in one of the games that he didn't start he came on at half-time. If Cash is sold then we will obviously bring in a replacment, and a decision will have to be on whether Kesler is ready to be back-up or not, maybe the plan is to give him some game time before the end of this season to help with making that decision.

4 minutes ago, wict01 said:

Georgi Mamardashvili might be a shout for GK, especially if Valencia go down. He seems to be highly rated and is quite young with room to improve.

Age doesn't concern me as much with the keeper position. Happy for the club to bring in a 30yr old keeper for however much as experience is vital in that position. If they're young, it's just a bonus I guess. 

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Other than a six game spell in October and November Kesler started most weeks for Huddersfield, he started five of his last seven appearances for them and in one of the games that he didn't start he came on at half-time. If Cash is sold then we will obviously bring in a replacment, and a decision will have to be on whether Kesler is ready to be back-up or not, maybe the plan is to give him some game time before the end of this season to help with making that decision.

Huddersfield played 23 league games when he was there. He only started for 9 of them.

• Thanks 1

Perhaps I should have put the caveat in there for KKH, I didn’t say he’d be straight in there but he is technically strong and whenever I’ve seen him play he’s been a fullback in name only. I think he’d be a good fit for an attacking LWB/LW under Emery. 

I’d prefer him to go out on loan again, a decent one where he plays and bring in a Truffert/Kerkez but was just commenting on my thoughts on him possibly swapping sides under Emery. 

Cash should be sold if a GOOD offer comes in.

He is obviously more than good enough to be back up but he has been first choice here for a long time and is a good age. We really should be able to fetch 30m for him.

It's clear we need something better at right back and we supposedly have the great youth right back, well he can be back up then can't he? We also have Young likely to be sticking around also. That is more than enough cover should we sign a new starter and Cash is sold.

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

Everton can be a viable place for some of these players given how poorly your club is run although Everton still have a high chance of being relegated and these players are unlikely to drop a division.  If Everton do survive then maybe we can offload some players to them for some decent fees.

Not sure either the fans nor Dyche would want Digne back. I don’t really see Cash fitting in either but I do see Emery selling both if reasonable offers are made from elsewhere. 

It’s also wishful thinking to expect 30m for Cash. I see both Digne and Cash at 20m each and that’s at a push.

• Like 1