Moussa Dembélé

Delphinho123

23 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

They are "verified" according to Capology, their source for their wage data. "A player's wage is considered 'verified' if it's been provided directly by the club or agent, and/or confirmed by multiple sources".

They're meant to be alright, but there were a lot of inaccuracies pointed out at the time they incorporated them on the site, to the point where FBRef themselves said there would be errors and the whole thing was a "work in progress". I'm sure a lot of it is correct but would take it with a pinch of salt regardless.

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Past his prime at 26? After scoring 22 goals last season? 

The comparison doesn't make sense at all. 

I'm not saying its exactly the same, but it stinks of the same kind of fall out.

I've been doing a bit of basic research into this over the last hour or so. Apparently the lyon fans had a banners at one of the recent games telling him (along with a couple of others I may add) to get out of the club.

That sounds a bit like the Coutinho relationship with the barca fans to me.

Fans don't turn on players like that for no reason.

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I'm not saying its exactly the same, but it stinks of the same kind of fall out.

I've been doing a bit of basic research into this over the last hour or so. Apparently the lyon fans had a banners at one of the recent games telling him (along with a couple of others I may add) to get out of the club.

Lyon fans have a reputation of being a bit crazy do they not? or is that Marseille?  The other player was Aouar, who i'd not say no to either.

9 minutes ago, Nigel said:

It's because he won't sign a new contract and wants to leave on a free. Fans hate players like that who aren't "dedicated" to the club and leaving on a free means they get no transfer fee. 

This is nothing like Coutinho situation in any way

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

It's because he won't sign a new contract and wants to leave on a free. Fans hate players like that who aren't "dedicated" to the club and leaving on a free means they get no transfer fee. 

This is nothing like Coutinho situation in any way

Hopefully you are right.

I presume if he joins us it will be on a multi year deal.  Want to avoid a situation where we are carrying deadwood down the road just to cover a short-term gap.  If we sign him, hope it’s because Emery sees him as a longterm solution.  

4 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Yes. I've now got Kelly Brock on the brain. (And have edited my previous post, thanks for the heads up!)

Well you've got good taste, bud. She's lovely. 

53 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

If the criteria for having an opinion is that you have to be Sir Alex then we may as well close the website down, along with every other football forum.

I'm not a manager, although I do work in football, watch football all over the world and one of my  partners is a PL agent so, whilst I am not Sir Alex, I do like to think I know a bit about football. And certainly enough to have an opinion.

Where did I say you couldn't have an opinion?  You have yours, you've stated it as is your right.  I'll just trust Emery instead was my point.

Â