Five Things a Real Villa Supporter Must Do Before They Die ...

Marka Ragnos

Achieve a certain number of visits to Villa Park?
Without specifying the 'certain number', SUCCESS 
Be born Villa to a Villa family? 
FAIL 
Get a Villa tattoo?
FAIL (can't stand tattoos) 
Own the home kit?
SUCCESS (I've had a few home - and away- shirts) 
Buy a season ticket?
FAIL - never had one 
Go to such and such  a pub?
SUCCESS (been to most of the usual suspects)
Wrestle a Bluenose?
FAIL (wouldn't go near one) 
Learn at least four Villa songs by heart?
SUCCESS 
Be on Villa Talk at least 10 years.
SUCCESS
Walking out into the stand and instantly feeling at home
SUCCESS
For me there are various things but wearing the colours when in a foreign land or different city and spreading the gospel is my favourite.
SUCCESS 

What's the pass mark? 

• Like 3

I have to know what is happening if they are playing….I just have to.

Usually I am at VP and occasionally at away matches so it’s not a problem and if neither of these then I’m watching Sky or following on my phone.

However there there have been occasions when I am following on my phone whilst at some kind of social engagement when I happen to to talking to another person who professes to be  a Villa fan and the say…..”how are they getting on” or even worse “I didn’t know they were playing”

I could never be this type of Villa fan.

Whats the point?

• Like 4

I think you didn't intend this thread so serious, right? I mean, I don't think I can up with anyone in this forum, except for fans from other clubs, that isn't more or less VTID.

We all have different lives that makes you able or unable to attend every game or many games or no games at all.

Someone earlier said that a Villa fan probably should have the dream to come to VP and watch a game, and I can agree with that. I did, and I have been there and I'm still dreaming about it as it's soon 4 very long years since the last time, but unfortunately I think I have to wait a little longer still. 

There's no correct answer to the question, I'm afraid. If any I'd say that it is to dream of standing at VP and listen to We are the champions as we've just won the league. And it has to be We are the champions, otherwise you're not a true Villan. :D

A “real” Villa supporter? I can’t get down to VP much. Last time I did my trip was pretty much ruined by some tattooed crack addled maniac screaming at the players and frothing with rage for 90 mins. He had the tattoos and such. Is he more real?

I know it’s your not intention to actually distinguish between and not real and this is more just a bucket list, but the whole idea of real and not fans pisses me off. You either support the team or you don’t. There isn’t some sort of tiered system. If I need to be the aforementioned maniac to be considered real then you can count me out. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Topic is what it says on the tin -- however you interpret that. I think I'll always be an outsider supporter because it just isn't possible for me to get to Villa Park very often, living overseas. That always strikes me as something "real Villa fans" would consider a starting place for any self-respecting Villa supporter. But I may be wrong about that. But what would be five things that, for you, distinguish the real Villa fan from not? Some kinds of things I envision but could be utter nonsense:

• Achieve a certain number of visits to Villa Park?
  • Be born Villa to a Villa family?
  • Get a Villa tattoo?
  • Own the home kit?
  • Buy a season ticketer?
  • Go to such and such  a pub?
  • Wrestle a Bluenose?
  • Learn at least four Villa songs by heart?
  • Be on Villa Talk at least 10 years.
  • etc etc

I know we don't get as many plastics as some clubs, so I reckon your lists of five things would be very different from other clubs or maybe alike in some ways, but what do I know? I want read about your notions, not mine.  

No. 1 for me is don't put requirements on anybody's relationship with their club to consider them a "real" supporter. 😁

• Haha 1

1. Have the hairs on the back of your neck stand up whenever you are near the stadium.
  2. Know all the words to the following songs:
    1. On the **** my lord
    2. My old man
    3. The John Carew song
  3. Be a miserable so and so for days after we lose.
  4. Have forced a nose to wear a Villa shirt (I had to disinfect it afterwards).

Â