Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Posted (edited)

We finished the game with Watkins and Duran on the pitch and scored 2 goals when together. I hope Unai can find a way to play that has them both on from the start.

Edited by Made In Aston

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno, I think the club are doing it right, he's 20, he's still raw, he's behind one of the best strikers in the league having a record season, he's learning he's getting better, we'd be mad to loan him let alone sell him, we also don't need to buy anyone, just stay the course and he'll get there

I agree, but what does the player want?

I like him. He’s grown on me after what I thought was a shaky start. He’s absolutely what you want in a back up striker and as far as back up strikers go, there can’t be many better.

But, if he wants game time, what do you do? Loan him? Not sure that’a good for us (even though he’ll improve). Sell him? Who’s offered what? If someone offers 30m, what do you do? We may want to strengthen elsewhere and that represents a tidy profit on a player that isn’t a starter for us. 

Tricky. Hopefully he stays. 

I hope that this is the kind of match that really fires him onto the next level.  Not only the goals but him chasing back to win a tackle and a throw near the death was brilliant to see.

• Like 1

He was so sharp tonight. For a player who has barely played this season. He controlled the ricochet for the first when the ball was traveling past him at speed. And then his second... wasn't intentional but his sharpness put some extra power onto it rather than it just hitting his knee. You can see his foot extend in a follow through after he hits it. Not intentional, but his reflexes are so good that he could add some intent to it almost after the hit. He's class. I've been very wrong about him

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Hope we don't sell him but can't see him signing a new deal. Hope it comes

At least 3 years left though, no rush.

If we sell him this summer. It's for £50m+.

McGinn's post match interview with Sky... said something along the lines of sometimes you love having Duran on your team, sometimes you hate him, but he is capable of moments of quality.

And that they'll have to do a job keeping his feet on the ground the next few days.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wes said:

And that they'll have to do a job keeping his feet on the ground the next few days.

That was the key line. Duran thinks he should be starting games and thinks he's better than he is. 

Unai on Jhon

"Jhon Duran is a special player. We have to try and help him. He is a good guy and he needs a team behind him. He is getting our demands better. He was very clinical and today was important for him.

Take a bow Mr Duran you beauty!

Think SJM said in his interview that he's a headcase but I'd love us to be able to give him more game time next year. if not then let him get a loan and come back and even bigger beast 

Sublime strike for his first and he absolutely meant that for the second, he saw it coming in high and steered it toward goal with his thigh. Carragher and Neville slowed it down and you can see it clearly. 

What an impact, is he still only 20? 

That second goal was sensational, when you watch it a few times you see that what happens is what he intended

• Like 1

I love how people doubted this kid… he’s been the perfect back up. 

Different beast compared to our other attackers, adds a different aspect to our game when he’s on. Also his goals per minute has to be real good??? Surely??

2 minutes ago, useless said:

That second goal was sensational, when you watch it a few times you see that what happens is what he intended

Watched it back several times. He know when to hit it. The BBC however.

spacer.png

Â