Jhon Durán

PieFacE

13 minutes ago, turvontour said:

The morons on match of the day, instead of analysing his goal or his performance just spend the whole time making Duran Duran jokes. 

for me, it just epitomises the attitude towards us.....we are just treated as imposters.

There used to be an air of impartiality, years ago......Now these so called analysts, are only short of wearing their club colours on air.....their opinions are tainted with bias, but consistent with the people they work for.

They call it.....entertainment.

• Like 3

This lad is going to be a lot of fun to watch over the next few years.

What a goal that was. The confidence (and ability) to hit a rising ball so sweetly is a very rare trait indeed. Very few strikers have produced finishes like that, Drogba, Benteke, even Haaland esque. But, unlike those, he is 19 and is far from the complete forward at the moment. Comparisons to them aren't helpful, and although I'm doing it, it's the media starting to do the same that causes the pressure to build.

Cant help but hype him up after that, and can't wait to see how he develops.

Had doubts about relying on him as backup striker (but more so if Ollie got injured rather than how he's currently being used) , but those are largely beginning to fade.

Trust Emery, he knows what he's doing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Ollie been one of our best players this season.

No way is he anywhere close being dropped.

I love Ollie, and he hasn't. He's been very poor.

Agree he isn't close to being dropped, that's what I said. He'll be starting at Chelsea even if Duran gets a hat-trick in Poland.

Atmosphere is Warsaw will be very hostile. Anyone that watched any Legia games will see the sort of support the fans give.

Personally, I think Duran will want to make a point of it. Watkins hitting a bit of a wall with scoring might be lower on confidence.

I'd play Duran, especially considering Legia like to leak goals.

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Atmosphere is Warsaw will be very hostile. Anyone that watched any Legia games will see the sort of support the fans give.

Personally, I think Duran will want to make a point of it. Watkins hitting a bit of a wall with scoring might be lower on confidence.

I'd play Duran, especially considering Legia like to leak goals.

Duran doesn't seem the type to shy away from confrontation.

As a matter of fact... he may like it a bit too much 😂

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

for me, it just epitomises the attitude towards us.....we are just treated as imposters.

There used to be an air of impartiality, years ago......Now these so called analysts, are only short of wearing their club colours on air.....their opinions are tainted with bias, but consistent with the people they work for.

Oh absolutely. If Duran had signed for Liverpool or Man United, and scored that goal late on to turn a game on its head. They dont just make Duran Duran jokes while analysing him and the goal.

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I love Ollie, and he hasn't. He's been very poor.

Agree he isn't close to being dropped, that's what I said. He'll be starting at Chelsea even if Duran gets a hat-trick in Poland.

He hasn't been very poor. 4 assists and a ECL hattrick isn't very poor, it's actually pretty good.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

Sorry to say this but we will not be taken seriously by the establishment or the average neutral until we win something.

We can spend as much as we want, we can beat the likes of Spurs or Chelsea or United, but let's be honest that's all a bit meaningless.

Do Unai and the team deserve credit for the improvements over the last year, yes of course, but why should anyone care outside of Villa unless that translates into silverware or top 4/6? 

I wouldn't give a **** if Brentford finished 7th this season and qualified for Conference League (for example), so why should the opposite be true?

We've done nothing yet.

9 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Oh absolutely. If Duran had signed for Liverpool or Man United, and scored that goal late on to turn a game on its head. They dont just make Duran Duran jokes while analysing him and the goal.

Its kinda like a reluctant appreciation, through gritted teeth....because even the most bias analyst, would have to applaud, that goal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Definitely overstated 

But definitely a great goal all the same 

Excited for more Jhon 

I think that as well but it makes sense when its a striker saying it. He knew the technique needed to score that goal was ridiculous as he would have tried it 100 times and 99 would have gone into the stands. 

30 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

This lad is going to be a lot of fun to watch over the next few years.

What a goal that was. The confidence (and ability) to hit a rising ball so sweetly is a very rare trait indeed. Very few strikers have produced finishes like that, Drogba, Benteke, even Haaland esque. But, unlike those, he is 19 and is far from the complete forward at the moment. Comparisons to them aren't helpful, and although I'm doing it, it's the media starting to do the same that causes the pressure to build.

Cant help but hype him up after that, and can't wait to see how he develops.

Had doubts about relying on him as backup striker (but more so if Ollie got injured rather than how he's currently being used) , but those are largely beginning to fade.

Trust Emery, he knows what he's doing.

I make you absolutely right - that was a really difficult skill to execute and given how we were frantically trying to get back in the game, he could have been forgiven if he had rushed the strike and sent it high into the holte - type of goal that Stanley Victor would have scored imo.

Hopefully a lot more to follow 🤞🤞

• Thanks 1

Â