Jhon Durán

PieFacE

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

He’s a 19 year old getting games at the highest level - and he is now scoring. He could have a very fast curve of improvement. 

Remember when Benteke exploded around November in his first season? Never seen anything like it. I feel like something similar is going to happen with Duran. Like in PES Master League when you get that notification that one of your young players is "improving dramatically", and they just shoot up.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I literally just came on to post this!

JPA must have been beaming!

A lot of fans have and still question this kid. Ironically he’s had a far better start to his Villa career than the established JPA did. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What's a realistic target this season for him?

Double figures in all competitions? Maybe 15. 

I would have 7 before the season started and believe that would have been and acceptable return. I think 15 is a bit steep given we don’t start him often but then again we are in multiple cup competitions .

• Like 1

Like plenty of others, yesterday's performance reminded me of Benteke. I think that we need to get over big Chris and just enjoy big Jhon. 

We've got Duran, Jhon Jader Duran. 

He's the best striker in the land. 

He's Unai's man, Colombian. 

We've got Jhon Jader Duran. 

So did match of the day have a good chat about him, focusing on the technique of the shot, his impact on the game, his young age, journey in the game

No, course not, instead they made a bunch of shitty Duran Duran puns during the replay of the goal 😤. Was like a VT transfer thread

Nobheads.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2023 at 15:58, Chindie said:

Relying on him as backup is a massive mistake. He isn't there in his game yet.

On 03/09/2023 at 16:18, grantholtgolazo said:

He may end up being excellent but I’m still confused why we set ourselves up to rely on him to this extent, should be a third choice striker option at best for now. The idea that he would come on today, against this type of opposition, and get anything-seems far fetched 

On 03/09/2023 at 16:20, Demitri_C said:

Selling archer and not getting another striker looks like a genius move 

On 03/09/2023 at 18:27, Digavilla said:

Not really convinced by his touches / Ball control and movement. Such traits are develope from very age and it's hard to coached. 19 yrs old is not that young anymore in this modern era. 

On 03/09/2023 at 20:40, Tom13 said:

You can tweak it so you're creating chances for a player who's better at converting them.

On 03/09/2023 at 21:13, eholm said:

As expected, absolutely no where near he needs to be in terms of touch, control and ability. Tbh I found his performance a bit embarrassing. 
Not his fault and he probably has some decent potential but for a squad looking to get top 7, again I just don’t understand what UE sees in him. 
I want to be proved completely wrong but I’ll say it again, if OW is out for any length of time we cannot rely on the kid at all. I just hope that Zaniolo will be able to play up there in that scenario, although he’s never really done it before. Concerning. 

On 03/09/2023 at 21:16, eholm said:

…..because he is no where near the required standard. 

Another week in VT's immediate reactionary commentary. Fortnight ago he was the above, this week he's Benteke 2013. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

So did match of the day have a good chat about him, focusing on the technique of the shot, his impact on the game, his young age, journey in the game

No, course not, instead they made a bunch of shitty Duran Duran puns during the replay of the goal 😤. Was like a VT transfer thread

Nobheads.

The highlights are on youtube

Not knocking you personally but i think people who MOTD and sky etc waiting for their pundits to provide anything are mad! They're all clowns and a waste of your time

The days of the likes of MOTD being the only way to see games and goals are long gone

14 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Another week in VT's immediate reactionary commentary. Fortnight ago he was the above, this week he's Benteke 2013. 

My comment was more about fitting Archer in, wasn't really anything to do with Duran I don't think.

I've generally been a fan and thought he was exciting but when he's looking raw people are obviously going to point it out.

Writing him off when he's not had a single start is ridiculous though and I'm certain I've said that in here already.

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

My comment was more about fitting Archer in, wasn't really anything to do with Duran I don't think.

I've generally been a fan and thought he was exciting but when he's looking raw people are obviously going to point it out.

Writing him off when he's not had a single start is ridiculous though and I'm certain I've said that in here already.

Fair enough bud. There were some cracking comments flying around after the Liverpool game!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

What I want to know is when are Manchester City paying £100m for him? 

£150 million. In 4-5 years when Haaland gets bored and moves to Real he is definitely on their short list.  

By the same degree he looked ineffective against liverpool, he looked  dangerous against palace. Was great to see, the goal was gorgeous & the tracking back/tackle to win the ball was a thing of beauty as well.

I cant speak for anyone else, my reservations have been related to ability to effect games when he is called upon; consistency is difficult to achieve at this level, especially difficult for a relatively inexperienced 19 year old. I thought a more experienced/proven player would be useful bridging the early days of Durans development here.

But If Jhon is able to play like he did yesterday more often than not, that bridge option isn’t necessary & Duran will be crucial to our success this year. 

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Nope not reactionary at all. His performance vs Liverpool was very poor imo. As per my post earlier today, I still do not feel he would be adequate cover if OW is out for an extended period BUT he clearly has significant potential and scored a superb goal yday - the two views are not mutually exclusive of each other. 
Also, never compared him to Benteke 🙄

• Like 1

Â