Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Still very rough around the edges but oh my the potential this kid has. He has the size, the determination, and skill to goto the very top. Very happy we are the club that scooped him up before others took notice. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

Both of his PL goals were a Benteke throwback. Such a weird sentence to be uttering, but this was what Benteke was doing for us *checks notes* 10 years ago.

Yeah it feels weird saying it but it's a huge compliment. Benteke in his prime was immense, and this kid is already regularly showing flashes of it.

I absolutely love this lad. He's endearingly mad and while extremely raw - can't be stated enough that he's only 19 - you can just see that he has so many elements to make it at the top level.

What a goal as well, about time one of those efforts came off for him.

It was exceptionally bad defending from Mitchell, who has given him time and about two yards of space to turn in, but at the end of the day he's still got to score it and under great pressure as well when it looked like the wind was going from our sails. Bad defending but a fine fine finish. 

40 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

He blatantly has the skillset to make it. Absolutely boggles my mind why some were writing off a 19 year old... What a bloody goal.

That's just the mentality of a bunch of our fans unfortunately. No patience. They expect the finished article instantly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It was exceptionally bad defending from Mitchell, who has given him time and about two yards of space to turn in, but at the end of the day he's still got to score it and under great pressure as well when it looked like the wind was going from our sails. Bad defending but a fine fine finish. 

He was going to score somehow a similar goal last season against City. The ability is definitely there. He just needs to focus and not keep shooting from areas were nothing would come out of it. He’s a much better goalscorer than Watkins but he needs to improve in other aspects as well. Looking forward for his development.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

This should definitely be his song:

John Duran, Duran

He sounds like an 80’s band

His shots will destroy your hands 

John Duran, Duran 🎶

Got this stuck in my head on repeat now. Thank you a lot :D

• Like 1

Â