Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Something strange with this guy, hois shots and crosses…etc are very good. Sometimes his first touch is ok but at times you feel the ball as a burden to him. There were two moments (one against Burnley) and now when he could’ve give it to Kellyman he made it hard for himself. Yet again because he moves strangely so can’t really say if he’s failing to keep the ball or is that he just looks not to. 
He has great attributes, one of the most encouraging things with Emery is that he knows what he wants from his players, Ings is more talented than Watkins, Archer than Duran. But he wants attributes that doesn’t only come with talent (well much room for Duran to improve). It’s not that Emery wants cloggers (such as some of our previous managers) but he wants the right balance. 
Anyway I think Duran has shown amazing attributes, I saw some people saying he looks like Benteke. Not really as Benteke use to keep the ball perfectly, Duran still look a bit panicked especially when he runs with it. He’s more of a Watkins I’d say (with a better finishing). 
I’m not sure what to write more, but if he can sort this thing I guess he might be starting for us earlier than we think, but that’s a big ask. 

I think trentvilla is spot on with his comments.

That little teaser of offering his hand and then pulling it away.....says a lot more, than it may imply on the surface.

You have to have belief in yourself to do that, That little bit of devilment, says a lot.

This boy could be our version of Evan Ferguson.....its all there to develop.

I have a hunch, we will be seeing a lot more of Jhon Duran this season, probably more than we think.

• Like 3

On 31/08/2023 at 19:08, Tomaszk said:

So raw. And exciting.

At the same age...

• Christian Benteke had fewer than 20 professional appearances
  • Juan Pablo Angel had played 25 games in the Columbian league
  • Ollie Watkins was playing non-league football
  • Harry Kane was on loan at Millwall
  • Sadio Mane had 0 top-flight games under his belt

Does that mean he'll be as good as any of them? No.

Does it mean he's very very good for his age. Yes.

Pin this post 

On 01/09/2023 at 20:56, HalfTimePost said:

Winning 7-0 and shithousing a League 1 level team whilst they're down.

I'm going to love Duran I think

He kicked the shit out of Kamara twice and the ref didn't give a foul. This is brilliant from Duran and even yer man thought it was funny

Faustino Asprilla regen but with a bit more power and a bit less guile.

Same doesnt-look-in-control-but-actually-beats-players dribbling style and ultimately very good at football...all with strength and decent finishing as well.

Never knew that he was found by us by luck. We were scouting the goalie at Fire that went to Chelsea but spotted Duran then. Actually brought his dad over in November of last year to give him the full tour and a presentation of what we would do for his son.  Shows the amount of time we spend on these transfers . 

Duran playing like a child. Teammates gonna hate you if you keep ignoring them and taking hopeless shots instead. He's young, sure they will tell him. Far from the biggest issue today sadly.

• Like 1

Â