Jhon Durán

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Yeah I understand this was a risk reward type signing but it is just the fee that baffles me I guess. At £18m he must be in the top ~1% or so for transfer fees made for an 18 year old in world football? About the same as what Dortmund paid for Haarland. That’s not a petty cash signing like those lads we seem to pick up from West Brom every window. For those figures I would expect him to be a lot closer to first team than he seems to be, but maybe he will hit the ground running this season and it’ll all make sense. 

Pretty sure dortmund paid 35 mil for haaland. 32.5 million euros including agent fees. Also we had to pay so much to get him the work permit. In the future these sorts of transfers will be cheaper because of the new relaxation of the rules for prem football players. 

• 2 weeks later...

What's happened with him?

Cryptic tweets, not back with the squad and disappeared into obscurity.

Also not in the travelling US squad.

Will he break the record for earliest Bomb Squad member?

Anyway hope he is ok just seems strange.

Positive is that Cameron is in US squad.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Might already have a loan move set up. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

i looked through the squad list and thought "no notable absentees aside from the injured players" and didn't even clock that

thing is he wasn't an emery signing as has been reported multiple places...i think he gave the OK though on the basis of "well another forward can't hurt"

16 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Might already have a loan move set up. 

You'd think they'd want a closer look at him in preseason...doesn't bode well for him if he's been quickly loaned out without any competitive preseason minutes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

You'd think they'd want a closer look at him in preseason...doesn't bode well for him if he's been quickly loaned out without any competitive preseason minutes.

They saw enough last season to know if he is ready it not. He isn't going to have improved significantly over a few weeks with no training. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Where is the usa squad list?

35 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I’m not sure it doesn’t well, say more likely we know he needs a season out 

24 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Bizarre transfer. 

He had just turned 19 days before joining us. Majority of player we have that age were on loan in Championship. 

Nothing bizarre at all. 

• Like 1

Hope the loan is to a Championship club, rather than a foreign club.

He's got experience in a top flight foreign league that isn't comparable to the Championship already, so a lower foreign league isn't helping him. 

Going to one of the top foreign leagues like La Liga wouldn't be as valuable as going to the Championship I don't think. Get him used to England and his physicality should serve him well in that league too.

Edited by MrBlack

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Hope the loan is to a Championship club, rather than a foreign club.

He's got experience in a top flight foreign league that isn't comparable to the Championship already, so a lower foreign league isn't helping him. 

Going to one of the top foreign leagues like La Liga wouldn't be as valuable as going to the Championship I don't think. Get him used to England and his physicality should serve him well in that league too.

I wouldnt mind if he went somewhere like rangers were he is exposed to intense football.  Othwrwise championship.

It seems to me that archer is going to be kept and given a chance like duran was.

Have to say i wasnt overly impressed with duran. In the limited minutes archer got i was more impressed.

I dont want to bw too harsh as its a massive movw from MLS to PL

Â