Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So are we loaning him out then given Emery said he's one for the future?

He only said he’s not a direct replacement for Ings, perhaps he meant that we we’re getting him wether Ings was sold or not. For me I think he’ll start getting some minutes as early as next game, unless we got a new striker, then it might be a bit different.

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Big of JPA, and an indicator of the man he is, that he agreed to the message too as well. Jhon effectively, and slightly controversially, took Tomas' place in the Colombia u20 squad. Obviously not Jhon's fault, but couldn't blame JPA for being a little bitter about it... but no. Not only not bitter, actually happy for a fellow Colombian to tread in his footsteps.

Angel has a lot more class than the Reyna family 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Imagine the moment at training when Ashley Young explains to Duran that he and Juan Pablo Angel played in the same Villa team.

I had to double check. JPA 5 mins sub was his last appearance for Villa in 3-1 away loss to Newcastle which was also Ashley Young debut

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Mantis said:

I love these kinds of connections. Ashley Young is the link between two Colombian strikers who joined us 22 years apart.

It's like the link when Charlie Aitken played on Johnny Dixon's last game for Villa, and then played with Sid Cowans in his last season with us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Either Jhon was tearing up on the JPA vid, or more likely his eyes were watering because it was friggin freezing when they filmed it.

Angel was a great player, the goal he scored in the league cup quarter v Chelsea is still one of the best live goals I have ever seen.

Whilst I warmed to JPA I never thought he was great. I thought he was a good player but underachieved more often than not. He had two good seasons but the rest were below average imo.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Whilst I warmed to JPA I never thought he was great. I thought he was a good player but underachieved more often than not. He had two good seasons but the rest were below average imo.

Same, hardly a Villa legend!

43 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I hope all future signings don’t expect a welcome message from a fellow countryman upon arrival. Might get a bit awkward when we next sign someone from Tanzania or Croatia and we have to roll out Samatta and Balaban…….

Yeah but we can now roll out Emi Martinez for Argentinians. 

Â