Jhon Durán

PieFacE

11 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I’m suspecting he will be on the bench for Southampton. Sounds like we have recalled him from international duty.

It’s not clear but it sounds like he may go back for the knock out rounds of the U20’s

How about this for the extra line…..

Jhon Duran, Jhon Duran

Villa's super Columbian

Six foot one, scores for fun

Villatalk members love a fish pun

Look out, here comes Jhon Duran

Edited by burchy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why? I'm listening to podcast interviewing English guy who is South American football journalist and he speaks very highly of Duran 

Hell if I know. I ignore it too. I’m very excited for this kid to join the squad. Only question I have is what exactly will happen to him once he arrives. 

On 16/01/2023 at 19:29, YLN said:

Probably. A little. Does that look like a decent standard of football in that clip then?

My ignorance makes me think that looks like football being played by men who have just had major surgery and are just glad to be out of their hospital beds so they're not really doing formations or anything

Well then your ignorance is truly unabashed. Congrats👏🏼 you win the numptie prize.🏆you may collect it after sending in three proof of purchase from your cereal boxes and 5 pound for shipping. 

8 hours ago, May-Z said:

Benteke's debut was a short cameo against Swansea where he looked a beast, bullied defenders and scored by lobbing the keeper and touching home with a deft touch.

Surely you didn't think that then?

I remember quite a few on here after that game calling him "the new Heskey" because he didn't convert an easy chance in addition to that lob, but it's to be expected on VillaTalk.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rolta said:

Yeah you've missed the fact that actual football scouts don't just watch a two minute YouTube video and imagine that's all the evidence you need to make a judgement. 

Hopefully they have seen something I haven't, looks like he will be straight in the first team squad so hopefully he will show us all what he's got 🤞

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

I remember quite a few on here after that game calling him "the new Heskey" because he didn't convert an easy chance in addition to that lob, but it's to be expected on VillaTalk.

As I posted earlier he was called a flop by some with only 5 goals end of December and finished on 19

11 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Things I like about this transfer:

• He is very highly rated and sought after by other clubs
  • He's only 19
  • He's Columbian, and we have fond memories of forwards from there
  • He's over 6 foot 😉
  • He's going to learn from one of the best in Unai Emery

Things I don't like about this transfer:

He plays in the MLS

He looks good in the MLS

Being a Colombian international means **** all.

He's got a hell of a lot to prove, I'm guessing its a Lange buy. If he proves to be shite, bye bye Lange.

Edited by foreveryoung

I asked chatGPT (AI) to write a song about Jhon Duran in the same way John Carew song was written. Here what it come up with:

"Jhon Duran, Villa's new king,

Just like John Carew, he'll do his thing,

With his strength and power, he'll score with ease,

Jhon Duran, Villa's new disease."

Edited by messi11

Â