The Last of Us (Warning: spoilers for most recent episode openly discussed!!)

Stevo985

35 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

A bit less gay you mean? 

Bit more main story - could have been any consenting relationship in ep3 - in fact something non consenting would have injected a bit more drama than that snoozeathon. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, AJ said:

I am curious how they do the second (third?) form of infected. OK, so you got the noobs, the clickers, the bloaters, and then these assholes that are supposed to be the sneaky beaky sort.

In the game, they were supposed to be more advanced, but they didn't feel that much different from the noobs.

Here is to hoping that the TV show can correct this.

I don't think they need to do it if it won't add anything. But from memory those ones were much harder to spot? The noobs just wander about and when they see you they're loud and direct. These ones sneak around more.

That could make for some very tense scenes if done right. Which I'm sure they will

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I liked

Clickers in episode 2

You also get brief glimpses of them in episode 3, caught in some of Bill's booby traps.

But like I said before, less is more. If every episode was full of zombies getting blasted away all over the place then you'd lose any sort of tension. 

Where the show differs from the game is basically it's already built up this feel of "if you encounter an infected, you're in big trouble".
Two clickers in the museum would have been dispatched in seconds in the game. In the show it was a huge fight.

I like that. You can't do that in a game because you need more action, but in the show you can use that to build tension.

Looks like the next episode will be a banger! What I’m most encouraged about so far is how much the missus has gotten into it, having no interest in video games whatsoever. The fact that it’s pulling in non-gamers whilst (I think) doing a great job of appeasing (most of) the gamers too should set this up to be hugely successful.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

This was the exact scene I was talking about in my post below. They absolutely nailed it

On 30/01/2023 at 20:27, Stevo985 said:

I'm also looking forward to the next episode

Reveal hidden contents

Joel and Ellie do a lot of bonding in that truck, with some really funny moments in the game, so I'm hoping they recreate that well

One thing is a bit concerning.

Nine episodes in total, they are up to episode four, yet they have hardly left the state.

There is just so much more of the story to go, and so much to explore.

If they are going to conclude on the ending of the first game, I hope the rest of the story isn't rushed through.

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

Nine episodes in total, they are up to episode four, yet they have hardly left the state.

If they are going to conclude on the ending of the first game, I hope the rest of the story isn't rushed through.

Yep, they’ve only gotten as far as that famous New England town of Kansas City 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AJ said:

Feels about right to me

Spoiler

Episode 5 leaving KC

6 reach tommy

7 uni and Joel getting impaled

8 snowy bit

9 fireflies and epilogue but that could be like 30 mins long

They're going to do the DLC episode too at some point, feels like David might be reduced down especially with kathleen but in general they can do it, the game has a couple of hours with bits like the sewers and the floating pallets, abandoned hotel maybe the holiday resort place that could all be cut out

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

Yep, they’ve only gotten as far as that famous New England town of Kansas City 😉

Lol. 

I haven't been watching it... yet.

I am just gauging from what I know from the game, and it seems that they are only about a quarter way through the story, as it seems there is just so much more to go.

We still have Jackson, the university, that town of "extreme survivalists" and SLC to go, plus whatever exploratory bits to go through yet.

I just checked, and each remaining episode is under an hour. Are they really going to be able to cover this?

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Feels about right to me

Hide contents

Episode 5 leaving KC

6 reach tommy

7 uni and Joel getting impaled

8 snowy bit

9 fireflies and epilogue but that could be like 30 mins long

They're going to do the DLC episode too at some point, feels like David might be reduced down especially with kathleen but in general they can do it, the game has a couple of hours with bits like the sewers and the floating pallets, abandoned hotel maybe the holiday resort place that could all be cut out

Posted before reading, but thanks.

This does seem to be legit. 

I suppose I should put faith in the show creators. From what I have seen and heard so far, they don't seem to be mucking around.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AJ said:

I recall reading that the first game would be spread across the first two seasons so I suspect this season will finish at around the halfway point of the first game

8 hours ago, AJ said:

I recall reading that the first game would be spread across the first two seasons so I suspect this season will finish at around the halfway point of the first game

Â