Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

how did i not know he was on loan. i thought we bought him

this moreno deal makes far more sense now

Because you're too busy with FPL :P:P  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not a fan of the age but it’s a priority position and in Unai we trust.

Price seems good though and at 29 in this day and age you get a good 4+ years out of a player at the top level

• Like 1

Just now, thabucks said:

Didn’t Emery Bin Digne when he was PSG manager ? 

No, Dinge left for Barca a few days after Emery joined. That transfer was essentially done before Emery joined. Digne had been on loan at Roma the season before

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

I suspect Unai knows more about Augustinsson than anyone on here. 
He was decent against Wolves, but in his other performances he hasn't looked the part.

If ever a manager gets what he wants - its Emery right now

Emery knows Augustinsson from Seville. Emery has started Digne in every PL game. So it's clear to me who Emery sees as the better LB

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Well the way Emery set up at Villareal he had a very attacking left back with an 8 in front in Coquelin. So he might want to be doing that at Villa, so a full back running up and back will be a very taxing role so we need two for nearly every game. 

Just guess work on my part, but I would imagine that since there are almost innumerable variables involved in this winter window, too, and so much at stake, this must also simply be an opportunity buy, at least at some level. There may be lots of other things Emery wants to do more urgently, but you can only play the cards in front of you, right? We need a finisher more than Moreno, but we also need what we can get reasonably now.

Maybe it's inevitable to think so with Emery, but I guess I sort of wonder how much he'd actually try to "re-create" Villarreal at Villa anyway. I can't imagine he's that simplistic. What did Heraclitus say about the same river twice? Emery seems thoughtful enough to grasp that Villa will be Villa as a project, and whatever he builds here, it's going to mean an evolution for him, too, and it's going to be something unique. On the other hand, I do hope we can some that Yellow Submarine thing at Villa. All in all, it makes for an exciting time.  

Edited by Marka Ragnos

12 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Just guess work on my part, but I would imagine that since there are almost innumerable variables involved in this winter window, too, and so much at stake, this must also simply be an opportunity buy, at least at some level. There may be lots of other things Emery wants to do more urgently, but you can only play the cards in front of you, right? We need a finisher more than Moreno, but we also need what we can get reasonably now.

Maybe it's inevitable to think so with Emery, but I guess I sort of wonder how much he'd actually try to "re-create" Villarreal at Villa anyway. I can't imagine he's that simplistic. What did Heraclitus say about the same river twice? Emery seems thoughtful enough to grasp that Villa will be Villa as a project, and whatever he builds here, it's going to mean an evolution for him, too, and it's going to be something unique. On the other hand, I do hope we can some that Yellow Submarine thing at Villa. All in all, it makes for an exciting time.  

No man steps in the same river twice. He's not the same man and it's not the same river. I don't think he's trying to recreate Villareal at Villa. He is introducing a new tactical set up though to the league as nobody has set up the 4 4 2 and 4 2 2 2 with what we would see as players out of position. CM in RM, Winger up front etc..

• Like 1

Age wise i'm not really bothered about it, whilst he may be the exception not the rule Ash Young has shown us as long as the player keeps on top of fitness he can give us atleast 3-4 years which for the price of £12m or whatever it is isn't too bad.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

I had a quick look on a Betis forum earlier and they seem disappointed to be (potentially) losing him for only £10m - £15m. They think he is worth more, but their financial position is not great and I think his contract might be winding down (not sure if I read that correctly).

Edited by I Make Pies
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Good news is the Real Betis fans aren't happy about selling him. They think its too cheap. 
image.png
image.png

Im confused. Why aren’t they calling him shit and happy to get rid? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

We could do with someone going on to a Betis forum and asking about him. Any volunteers?

My Spanish no es muy bueno. General vibe I see among Beticos is a lot of debate about what such a transfer would mean for Betis and of course no real consensus (sound familiar?). I think he's seen as an important player who has scored goals but also reaching an age where his sell-by date may be approaching so maybe it's wise ... but there's anxiety because there isn't much other money for transfers at Betis. Villa with Emery is seen as better than a Forest move for "Alex," as they call him, but not like a move to Liverpool. 

Â