Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, STO said:

Looks like the deal is on then.  Ludwig goes back to his parent club and Digne is forced to up his game and compete.  

I think that would be the plan if Digne wasn't on 160k a week. It's not like he's a young player happy to compete and learn. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Digne made available simply because Moreno might come in to start and we can use Young there (who is brilliant) with Cash moving over to right back. 

I'd be very surprised if anybody came in for Digne considering the amount of money he's on. What a moronic signing he was (not a bad player, just the numbers/age profile)

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, STO said:

Looks like the deal is on then.  Ludwig goes back to his parent club and Digne is forced to up his game and compete.  

how did i not know he was on loan. i thought we bought him

this moreno deal makes far more sense now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

surprised we're after a LB as i thought augistinson did well the other night

Augustinson has looked decidedly average for the most part in his time here. One decent performance from the bench from a loan player doesn't mean we shouldn't be trying to improve the team! 

I feel like so many posters just go on the last game they've seen when assessing ability. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Augustinson has looked decidedly average for the most part in his time here. One decent performance from the bench from a loan player doesn't mean we shouldn't be trying to improve the team! 

I feel like so many posters just go on the last game they've seen when assessing ability. 

Mate this has always been the case for players and the team as a whole. Only as good as your last game. It’s infuriating but it’s not going to change. 

Embrace it and be at peace my brother.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

we signed him in the summer and the majority of his time we've had gerrard as manager. a tad unfair to judge based on his limited performances under that guy.

i doubt we'll cancel the loan personally. emery gets a few months to look at them all and decide what we do...either sign ludwick on a perminant and sell digne or send him back to sevilla

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

He did but he isn’t quick , I think we need a ball carrier at  left back , Cash actually got us up the pitch vs Wolves the only problem is he doesn’t know what to do with the ball once he’s in the final third.

44 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I think that he and Digne are just too similar in terms of what they do and don't offer (albeit Digne in his career has done it to a higher standard). Both have good delivery or just general quality on their left foot, but are quite slow by PL standards with no capacity for actually being able to carry the ball themselves. Bringing one on for the other doesn't give any kind of different look or skillset so I can see the logic in wanting a different kind of option, especially for what is being used as the more attacking side of the defence.

Several things I noticed from his stats this season.

His assist rate is really high. He has the joint highest assists of any defender in la liga this season.

He loves to dribble. Has the second highest attempted dribbles our of any defender in la liga this season. Probably has a lot of pace.

Pretty well rounded stats otherwise.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

Sounds to me like Emery rates this player very highly and will be a key to his system.

Digne strong points are his crossing. which utterly pointless in the Emery system and with no big man upfront. He not got the pace to get back when he attacks. The weakness was exposed against Liverpool and Wolves. 

Moreno might be 29 but he's rapid.  

• Like 2

I suspect Unai knows more about Augustinsson than anyone on here. 
He was decent against Wolves, but in his other performances he hasn't looked the part.

If ever a manager gets what he wants - its Emery right now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pez1974 said:

I suspect Unai knows more about Augustinsson than anyone on here. 
He was decent against Wolves, but in his other performances he hasn't looked the part.

If ever a manager gets what he wants - its Emery right now

Big time. This is the time to back him. He’s shown what he can do with a limited squad in terms of ability. Let him bring in 5/6 players over the next two windows and see what he can do. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

And one or two base their assessments on having seen no games at all!

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think that would be the plan if Digne wasn't on 160k a week. It's not like he's a young player happy to compete and learn. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Digne made available simply because Moreno might come in to start and we can use Young there (who is brilliant) with Cash moving over to right back. 

I'd be very surprised if anybody came in for Digne considering the amount of money he's on. What a moronic signing he was (not a bad player, just the numbers/age profile)

Digne is not on £160k a week. I hate this nonsense repeatedly coming up. Digne, Ings, Coutinho, Kamara all the top earners. We know 125k is the highest which Coutinho is on I assume the other 3 are on same or similar. the 160k was the dollar amount that got quoted and people then just went with it because it's more useful to bash him with.

I don't see why our recently signed permanent left back would be the one leaving instead of our on loan left back who has barely played. Digne is one of the very few players who has started every PL game under Emery. He now has competition from Moreno

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

Sounds to me like Emery rates this player very highly and will be a key to his system.

Digne strong points are his crossing. which utterly pointless in the Emery system and with no big man upfront. He not got the pace to get back when he attacks. The weakness was exposed against Liverpool and Wolves. 

Moreno might be 29 but he's rapid.  

Also when Moreno gets into edge of box in positions we saw Digne in a lot against Wolves. He'll use his pace to get to the line for cut backs rather than what Digne does which is look up to get a cross in. JJ is the only tall player we have who can make a run to get onto end of one. He wasn't playing

Â