Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

Remember when Grealish got caught in possession against Liverpool in our first season back which led to them scoring? the player we  least expected it to happen to. That’s how difficult it is to adjust to the pace of the premier league. The fact that Alex managed to grow into the game almost score and assists is a massive positive. There’s better balance about the side with him in it.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Should have cut it back to ramsey instead of going for goal in like the 77th minute. But otherwise excellent game.

I would say based on the lack of confidence in the shot he knew it too, it was first time hit or take a touch and pass, he looked like a man who knew he'd **** up

Some good glimpses both attacking and defending though not gonna say he's a world beater but saw enough to say something is definitley there

• Like 2

He really did act like a winger at times in the second half with his runs and positioning. 

It'll be such a good asset to have pace and width on that side as well as what Bailey offers on the right.

I can see lots of chances being made in the same way that Watkins nudged the ball off to Ramsey for his goal against Norwich last year. 

Moreno will eat that up and drive into space. Beautiful. 

Probably one of the hardest teams to come against in the PL, their energy and press made it hard for him. Grew in to the game second half, made a brilliant clearance to keep it at 1-0 in the first half. All in all a good debut. 

Edited by WHY

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Very ropey. 

But looks like he may fit the system Better and he grew into the game. Confident he’ll come good

I’d have no objection to him playing left wing they way he gets forward

Impressed me how much he got forward and how at the same time he never seemed to be out of position defensively.

He was all over the pitch...  his goal line clearance came from the right side of our defence.

Give him time, and this guys going to be massive for how we play under Emery.

Unsurprisingly, he was nervy to start with as he struggled to get up to speed but I thought he was much better in the second half and nothing came down our left from Leeds.  Had two shots at goal, one on target.  He will be fine. 

I think he can be forgiven for the shakey start. In the circumstances I think he was excellent. Very excited to see him gel into the team. Just to add as well that Wolves targeted our  left with Digne on the pitch and bombarded us down that side until Augustinsson came on. Leeds tried the same against Moreno and it didn’t work. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

Â