Pre-match thread

Nigel

This is one of those classic villa fixtures which we really have to capitalise on, previously we would have got a great 3 points and followed it up with a dour 0-0 draw, or even worse, a loss....however, with our new manager, i feel confident with this game, the wind has been taken out of the wolves sails over the last 3 or so years as they realise they are nowhere near hitting their heights of challenging in and around the top 6.....im quietly confident of a 2-0/3-1 victory for us on wednesday, i'd personally like to see 2 up top and for us to go for the win, they cannot score goals and we should take the game to them

• Like 1

Wolves are a very poor team and I think they will be one of the 3 teams to go down. They had their day in the sun and now it's time for them to p*** off bac to their rightful place in the lower leagues. Let's help them get there. 

3-0 Villa.

A frustrating 1-1.

They have a very good record down the years at VP, can only think of the 4-1 in 2018 unless I've missed any else over last decade? Scars of last season's home fixture aswell given that lead to 12 months of Gerrard.

It's two managers who know each other really well so it will be very tight and they'll sit in and ask us to break them down so often type of game we struggle to create much in. 

When you think of the four games we've had so far under UE the opposition have all attacked and let us have space to work openings. That certainly won't be the case on Wednesday so really looking forward to how we attempt to work openings.

I expect us to beat Leeds so four points from next two home games will keep us ticking along nicely.

• Haha 1

It's another very different challenge, Wolves can defend and are organised, but we'd fancy ourselves to have lots of the ball and play on the front foot. It'll be interesting to see how Emery approaches this one.

Hopefully the knocks today aren't too serious and the extra day of rest won't make a big impact. 

• Like 2

These custard bowl nobbers are the team I want to see us smash into the turf with no **** mercy. 

More so than scummy Leedszzz. 

Ram their "gap" down their tombstone toothed traps. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The question is will UE stick with Olsen or re-instate Martinez? 

Martinez for me assuming he is ready. 

Will give the crowd a buzz

Big game this. Possibly the first game of Unai's where we are favourites and will be expected to take the game to the opponents.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Xela said:

Big game this. Possibly the first game of Unai's where we are favourites and will be expected to take the game to the opponents.

Not worried in the slightest, the approach will be correct.

We took it to Liverpool IMO. Played really high up and went for them.  Made enough chances to win as well. Didn't happen, but it was a good attacking home performance.

If we play the same way v Wolves, we win.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

The question is will UE stick with Olsen or re-instate Martinez? 

Haven't you read the Daily Heil recycling internet ITKs referencing some Spanish outlet that Emery wants to offload Martinez from his time at Arsenal and WC gesture

Tough game this! My thoughts:
- Wolves possibly still have a new manager (Bounce)
- Have good players. Everyone was hyping up that Nunes and Guedes when they signed them. 
- Cunha is a good presser from the front

- Semedo can be get out and is a weak link in the back 4.
- They lack goalscorer. 
- Moutinho finally playing like a 36 year old 
- Hopefully we've learned our lesson by not letting Neves unmarked outside the edge of the box for corners and set pieces. 
-  If he plays Adama Traoré pace could trouble us especially if we play a high line

Prediction: 1-0 Villa

Edited by messi11