Pre-match thread

Nigel

On 03/01/2023 at 11:16, Follyfoot said:

All the Mrs side of the family are dog heads. Her dad thinks that they are a bigger club than we are. We have to win this please

23 hours ago, av1 said:

Mate I had the misfortune of working in Wolverhampton for a couple of years when Wolves were doing better than us. They are probably the most deluded fans I’ve ever met. They genuinely thought they were a bigger club and that their league position was just “reclaiming their midlands throne”

It wasn’t just banter, they genuinely believed it. 

Previously I’d always viewed them in the same way I viewed Leicester, local (ish) rivals but not with the same intensity I think of SHA for instance. But working there really ramped up my dislike of them. As did the billy big bollocks, aggressive nature of their fans at VP a couple of years ago. 

I hope we smash them to pieces 

Wolves are a big club with a very rich history. You play that video of the most points in English football through time and they were right up there till modern times. 

However there is almost no metric that you could measure to claim they're a bigger club than us. Literally none. Anyone who claims they are a bigger club than us is just plain open faced lying and know it because it's completely irrefutable, there is no possible argument to put forwards for it. 

Anyway I work with 2 dog heads. One is a good mate and a decent lad, generally been Villa positive, always says Villa Park is his favourite away ground. Got a bit dodgy on us though when we accused them of cheating on the finance front. 

The other though is a proper loudmouth, always gives it loads and was big with the mind the gap. I'd love to quietly walk past him with a enigmatic smile on my face. Say a flourishing good morning to him on Monday.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Usual Villa would be to follow up such a great away win with a lack-lustre performance either losing or a drab 0-0.

But with Unai in charge perhaps we can start to find some consistency in performance quality? 

Obviously, we want to win, but if we lose and play well then, I think most fans would accept that, problem with SG was we lost and played badly most of the time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Surprised theres been no AVTV media content, no interviews or anything since he’s been back. Suppose Emery told them not to bother and just to put him straight on the transfer list :trollface:

Thank you

30 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Surprised theres been no AVTV media content, no interviews or anything since he’s been back.

I'd imagine thy want to bring him back to earth and get him refocused as quickly as possible. I am sure at some stage over the next few weeks there will be an interview etc. 

• Like 1

Interested to see how we play this as it’s much different opposition to our previous games under Emery. Classic Villa would be we got excited for no reason and it all goes wrong against Wolves.

However I’m going to believe things are different now and have full faith in Emery and the team to deliver tonight. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Blah blah and other claptrap.

I'd love to quietly walk past him with a enigmatic smile on my face. Say a flourishing good morning to him on Monday.

He'd probably just think you're day-dreaming about sheds again.. 😊

Cash or Young could be moved up to play the wide midfielder role that McGinn had if he's not fit for that game.

Would guess Sanson or Dendocker (if fit) to replace Luiz if he's not able.

Squad already thin a few days into the new year 😬