Pre-match thread

Nigel

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I watched them against Everton and they were very poor at the back. Admittedly, it’s the only time I’ve seen them play this season properly but off the back of that, I fancy us to score a couple. 

Looked shite against Everton but much better organised against Man Utd, still think we are the better team though 

Hoping a fierce partisan home atmosphere under the lights can spur the lads on to another victory in this one. It would be very harsh on both Olsen and Young, but I'd be tempted to throw Martinez and Cash in from the start. If McGinn is fit then otherwise unchanged, if he's not then will be interesting to see who UE brings in to replace him, I've got a suspicion he may throw a (hopefully) rejuvenated Coutinho in who may feel he has a point to prove but Ings is the more likely replacement IMO.

Martinez

Konsa           Mings

Cash                                        Digne

McGinn  Kamara  Luiz

Buendia

Bailey   Watkins

Subs: Olsen, A.Young, Chambers, Coutinho, Ings, Bednarek, Augustinsson, Sanson, Archer.

Wolves have been horrific in an attacking sense this season(Only 10 goals) so hopefully we can make that continue for them. I think we are team full of confidence right now with Unai and that will continue in this one.

Mcginn and Dougie likely out for this so id go

Olsen/Emi

Young         Ezri            Mings            Digne

Kamara     Dendonker

Emi                                                    Watkins

Ings           Bailey

Nothing against McGinn but I’d move Bailey left , Buendia right and Coutinho up front with Ollie and see how that pans out. It’s time these smegma juggling dingles get the beating they deserve from us. 

Find couts in the box and he’ll score many. 5-0. 

Mum's a wolves fan. 

The 2-3 last year was a low point in our relationship. Her silent celebrations were worse than what orange and brown fireworks the garden would have been. 

We have to win this. Have to.

Edited by Don_Simon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

This one is certainly going to be interesting, as it's a different challenge than the previous ones. It's either going to be a frustrating 1-1 or 4-0 Villa.

10 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Got to think Cash will be back in to cope with Adama. Nothing else barring an unknown Cunha concerns me about then this season. 2-0.

Think you could put a traffic cone there to mark him.  Doesn't he normally play on the right anyway? Would be Digne he's up against.

On 01/01/2023 at 19:11, GlobalVillan said:

Wolves are a very poor team and I think they will be one of the 3 teams to go down. They had their day in the sun and now it's time for them to p*** off bac to their rightful place in the lower leagues. Let's help them get there. 

3-0 Villa.

Mate I had the misfortune of working in Wolverhampton for a couple of years when Wolves were doing better than us. They are probably the most deluded fans I’ve ever met. They genuinely thought they were a bigger club and that their league position was just “reclaiming their midlands throne”

It wasn’t just banter, they genuinely believed it. 

Previously I’d always viewed them in the same way I viewed Leicester, local (ish) rivals but not with the same intensity I think of SHA for instance. But working there really ramped up my dislike of them. As did the billy big bollocks, aggressive nature of their fans at VP a couple of years ago. 

I hope we smash them to pieces