VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

I know he was allegedly a little dodgy with finances, but I'm still gutted to this day that Venables never took us to World Cup 98. We were going places under him. Southgate gets a lot of pluses for uniting the squad, but El Tel did that whilst playing good football.

RIP

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Probably his greatest achievement was managing to sell the fixtures and fittings of his nightclub twice

Nah, that was inventing the Thingamywig. He even patented it.

He also co-wrote the TV series Hazel

And then there was his recording career…

5 hours ago, trekka said:

I was surprised to hear of his age, in my mind I still had him in his 60s

Same here, but then I guess he was 50 odd when managing England. The 90's were a long, long time ago now 😔

Edited by sidcow

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Benidorm dancer Sticky Vicky, dead at 80

I saw the original Sticky Vicky on my 17th birthday. Her daughter took over in recentish years, but the original was completely eye opening and I havent seen anything like it since, thankfully. 

On 26/11/2023 at 12:19, trekka said:

Terry Venables gone at the age of 77 (or is it 80? News sites are giving conflicting reports).  I was surprised to hear of his age, in my mind I still had him in his 60s. 

Thanks for the memories of Euro '96, Terry. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/picture/2023/nov/28/david-squires-on-terry-venables-doing-it-his-way

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I saw the original Sticky Vicky on my 17th birthday. Her daughter took over in recentish years, but the original was completely eye opening and I havent seen anything like it since, thankfully. 

she came into the a bar I was in that was showing Die Hard 2 on a big screen during the interlude. Kind of reinvented the whole process and not a choc ice in sight. Plenty of other things mind.  

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

she came into the a bar I was in that was showing Die Hard 2 on a big screen during the interlude. Kind of reinvented the whole process and not a choc ice in sight. Plenty of other things mind.  

Local kebab shop sold less than usual that night too I bet.

• Haha 2

I’m knowledgeable enough to know of Kissinger and the Paris Peace Accords.

I’m suitably stupid enough to only really know of them because of Kissinger dropping his glasses in the toilet during his visit to the Springfield Power Plant.

• Haha 2