João Félix

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

We've not won stuff for a long time.

I was 3 years old when we last won a trophy.

Non Villa fans won't see us as a big club. 

To stay relevant you need recent success.

Hopefully we will get that under Unai and grow our brand.

I agree....and the reason is we have made poor decisions of managers and players.

I remember the wilderness, before Ron Saunders and I remember distinctly how he turned us around....with modest funding.

For decades before Ron, we simply bumped along, making the same mistakes and feeling thats that where our destiny lay, as "also rans"......It was similar at Liverpool, Leeds and Nottingham Forest, and Man U had a 25 year barren spell, before Managers who came along and defied the status quo.

Chelsea and Man City have simply bought their way to success, but the common denominator, is an Elite Manager.

I am with you, even though I thought SG could have defied the logic, but it wasn't to be......I too am confident with UE, but we still have to wait and see.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

This is exactly the issue. People tend to look at stuff before they were born as "ancient" & somewhat irrelevant (Even though it really isn't of course). You are bang on though Pinebro, to shut these people up we simply have to start winning trophies & titles again. What history does show however is that the potential for this club to be among the elite is there, We just have to fulfill it now after a pause which has gone on for far too long now.

There is a reason though that AVFC os the only English club to have reached a major final in every decade since football began! 

As for this Felix fella? Personally I am unsure as he's hardly pulled up trees at Atletico now has he!?

We can be anything we want to be, if we get our decisions right.

We have a unique feature in our life as Villa fans....We have the financial wherewithal to make good decisions a success.

We have been Hit and Miss, with our decisions, in the past.....Hopefully, if we get him Joao, he will be a success.....Like you, I am unsure.

If he can replicate his form at Benfica as opposed to Athletico, we may have a player....Sounds like a Loan with an option to buy.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We can be anything we want to be, if we get our decisions right.

We have a unique feature in our life as Villa fans....We have the financial wherewithal to make good decisions a success.

We have been Hit and Miss, with our decisions, in the past.....Hopefully, if we get him Joao, he will be a success.....Like you, I am unsure.

If he can replicate his form at Benfica as opposed to Athletico, we may have a player....Sounds like a Loan with an option to buy.

I dont believe we will sign a player of that stature at this present time.  If Arsenal or Liverpool come in for him surely he will pick one of them. 

Over rated.

Rather have one of those Moroccans that made him look completely ordinary for about 1/50th of the cost.

My real point is that there’s probably about 100 players like him out there that will be considered better than him in a year or two. 

Edited by Thug
  • Like 4

I think I’d probably share the reservations of a few on here. I think it’s probably because it’s such a similar buy to the Coutinho one. 

The whole wow he’d never come here, the “next level” name stuff. He certainly looks like he has tonnes of ability but I’d like to see it in a Villa shirt before I get too excited. 

Seems like it is very unlikely to happen and if it does it’s a big risk. But maybe that’s my post Coutinho syndrome talking.  

I don't think it's a player we should put £100m into.

He's brilliant, but when you sign from the big clubs, big wages come with it.

We need to sign players from outside the elite, who can take us up to it.

Amine Gouiri for example is a similar player, not at the same level just yet, who we could probably sign for a third of the wages.

Edited by Tomaszk

Â