João Félix

Delphinho123

As with our history of absolutely chucking money I just think we are getting used again by agents to weed out a better contract or a better club elsewhere .

I'd be delighted with this signing. Incredible. A proper incredible signing, not a pretend washed up one.

I just don't see it.

17 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'm interpreting that as 'current history' - which in itself is a contradiction.

Well we have ancient history and prehistoric don't we...  Maybe he means specifically champions league history, excluding european cup?

He probably also has said nothing of the sort and it's media bollocks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Well we have ancient history and prehistoric don't we...  Maybe he means specifically champions league history, excluding european cup?

I think he just means that he has no idea who we are and would prefer a club he’s actually heard of.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Can you blame young people about that?

They're not going to have nostalgia and memories from the 60's

I was born in 1951......but I learnt from folk before me....It interested me, what they had to say.....they may not have Nostalgia, but they may pick up stuff, if they have an open mind.

Maybe an old fashioned trait of learning from your elders, particularly about history, might be novel.

I sometimes think, othere cultures do it better.

Edited by TRO

On 11/12/2022 at 13:31, Laughable Chimp said:

Atletico want to keep him, he’s the one who wants to leave them.

Why does he want to leave?.....because he has to work hard?

Hmmmmmm.

We too need to transform to a harder working team particularly without the ball.....so he might be jumping out of the frying pan, in to the fire.

I think UE's intention, is to get us working harder.

It's the same neg heads and Villa haters who were saying Coutinho would never come to Villa. Then many of them said Emery would never leave Villareal to come here. Afterall why would these players & top coaches come to such a small insignificant club? I think it clearly shows that the only "small" thing going on here is their own knowledge of English football, It's best clubs & history! They literally only see the last 20 years or so (if that) because lets face it, many of them were not alive before that. It's called "the naivety of youth" I believe.

Says more about those posters and story writers than it does about AVFC.

The bit which really makes me laugh is the "He would only go because of the money" comment! I mean :crylaugh: So on that basis why would players go to Man City or Arsenal / Spurs? No doubt because of their huge amount of European cup wins? DOH!

The other commonly trawled ot comment is "just because they won a European Cup once upon a time". Made famous by a certain former Blackpool manager of course but now repeated by all & sundry. Well lets remove that European cup win shall we?!... Yep, Villa is still one of the most successfull teams in English football history.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I was born in 1951......but I learnt from folk before me....It interested me, what they had to say.....they may not have Nostalgia, but they may pick up stuff, if they have an open mind.

Maybe an old fashioned trait of learning from your elders, particularly about history, might be novel.

I sometimes think, othere cultures do it better.

We've not won stuff for a long time.

I was 3 years old when we last won a trophy.

Non Villa fans won't see us as a big club. 

To stay relevant you need recent success.

Hopefully we will get that under Unai and grow our brand.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

We've not won stuff for a long time.

I was 3 years old when we last won a trophy.

Non Villa fans won't see us as a big club. 

To stay relevant you need recent success.

Hopefully we will get that under Unai and grow our brand.

This is exactly the issue. People tend to look at stuff before they were born as "ancient" & somewhat irrelevant (Even though it really isn't of course). You are bang on though Pinebro, to shut these people up we simply have to start winning trophies & titles again. What history does show however is that the potential for this club to be among the elite is there, We just have to fulfill it now after a pause which has gone on for far too long now.

There is a reason though that AVFC os the only English club to have reached a major final in every decade since football began! 

As for this Felix fella? Personally I am unsure as he's hardly pulled up trees at Atletico now has he!?

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Time Team  special with Tony Robinson and Joao Felix, New Years day on Channel Four . Come join the old team with special guests as they dig for history at Villa Park.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â