Kylian Mbappé

messi11

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Haaland is fantastic and I’ve watched him a lot this season, but he isn’t as good as Mbappé. Mbappé has absolutely everything. Can you imagine him in that City team?!

Pep would coach all the excitement out of him

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Perhaps this also lowers my opinion of him too, there is winning and doing it with class.

I don't have to like him because some of you tell me too, you know that right?

Liking him and rating him are two different things. 

You said in a previous post he wasn’t that good. Which is just ludicrous. He’s probably the best player on the planet and will likely to go on to break every World Cup record in the book. 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Haaland is fantastic and I’ve watched him a lot this season, but he isn’t as good as Mbappé. Mbappé has absolutely everything. Can you imagine him in that City team?!

Haaland is a true poacher and strong in what he does, but no real pace. Mbappe is a technician, always great to see players with explosive pace, Walker did well to mark him be fair though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

You’re probably right!

’Kylian, I know you’re quick, but as soon as you get the ball, pass it to the left back and hold your position’

He'd be on the bench with Southgate, as he don't track back and defend enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Pep would coach all the excitement out of him

Just how he coached the excitement out of Silva, Sterling, Aguero, KDB, Haaland, Mahrez etc. Then all the quality players he managed at Bayern and Barca that excited people. 

Cant believe he still gets blamed for Grealish just not being good enough for City.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Perhaps this also lowers my opinion of him too, there is winning and doing it with class.

I don't have to like him because some of you tell me too, you know that right?

Obviously.

I don’t recall anyone asking you to change your mind.  Have your opinion, print it on a T-shirt, and wear it proudly my friend!

But don’t be surprised if people look at you as though you’re a little odd.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

You said in a previous post he wasn’t that good. Which is just ludicrous. He’s probably the best player on the planet and will likely to go on to break every World Cup record in the book. 

Yet did **** all last night. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Haaland is a true poacher and strong in what he does, but no real pace. Mbappe is a technician, always great to see players with explosive pace, Walker did well to mark him be fair though.

Haaland has no real pace?! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Note, I said he wasn't that good against England....that was my point....last night the game against France.

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Obviously.

I don’t recall anyone asking you to change your mind.  Have your opinion, print it on a T-shirt, and wear it proudly my friend!

But don’t be surprised if people look at you as though you’re a little odd.

Why is it odd to suggest he wasn't that good last night?

1 hour ago, jim said:

Precisely my point....somebody was reading correctly.

17 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If people after one quiet game against England agree on Mbappe being overrated and not that good, then they’re all wrong I’m afraid.

17 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I've thought it for awhile to be honest with you.

Maybe I'll shut up if he scores a decent number of goals in the PL or Primera Liga.

But you do think he’s overrated and needs to score in the PL or Primera Liga to prove himself, yes? 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ligue Un was the 4th best ranked league last season and is just behind the Bundesliga in the UEFA rankings

Surely if Haaland is finding it easier in the Premier League then maybe the Premier League isnt that special. Teams like Leeds, Brentford or Everton would be cannon fodder in France as well

I think a certain Qatari ownership has certainly raised the Ligue 1 profile and standing. The depth isn't there though...

But PSG are light years ahead and haven't lost a match.

Man. City will always lose a couple because the league is so strong, we know this.

1 hour ago, jim said:

He was kept very quiet last night...

...yet still managed to blitz past Walker and put in a ball which Rabiot(?) should've done better with.  So he's dangerous when doing **** all, which is a good trait for a footballer to have.

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

But you do think he’s overrated and needs to score in the PL or Primera Liga to prove himself, yes? 

Perhaps overrated would be a tad strong, I agree he's a great player who didn't exactly prove his World Class stature last night. 

That was really all I alluded to yet others piled in with the comparisons to Pele, Haaland, Lewandowski etc and not playing in stronger leagues.

Thing is PSG are far and away the best in France and their team is top quality, the drop off with the rest is huge both in resources and player acquisitions.

I suppose we could say the same for City in the PL but they have already lost a couple.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Lille won Ligue 1 in 2021...

PSG have won 8 out of the last 10 titles.  The time Lille won the league, they beat PSG by a point.

It's pretty fair to say that PSG are dominant in French football.

Just now, bobzy said:

PSG have won 8 out of the last 10 titles.  The time Lille won the league, they beat PSG by a point.

It's pretty fair to say that PSG are dominant in French football.

Oh absolutely, they are the only club that can afford to keep their players when the rich clubs from abroad comes asking. France produces a ridiculous amount of talented players thou so it's unfair to say it's a poor league when it comes to quality.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just how he coached the excitement out of Silva, Sterling, Aguero, KDB, Haaland, Mahrez etc. Then all the quality players he managed at Bayern and Barca that excited people. 

Cant believe he still gets blamed for Grealish just not being good enough for City.

Hilarious ain't it? Also, don't forget that he coached all the excitement out of Messi, Iniesta and Xavi all those years ago. I'm not sure how he still manages to get work myself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â