Kylian Mbappé

messi11

Lost count on the number of times his teammates passed the ball behind him so he had to stop and wait for it rather than use his pace to run onto it. He's explosive enough to blow past defenders anyway but he looked a bit frustrated at times.

10 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I've thought it for awhile to be honest with you.

Maybe I'll shut up if he scores a decent number of goals in the PL or Primera Liga.

Utter nonsense.

It’s no different from saying ‘Messi will never be considered a great because he never played in the premier league.‘

Do you dismiss Pele as a great player because he never played in Europe?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yeah, right...

When he regularly starts performing in Primera Liga or the English PL then I'd agree with you.

Funny, many other posters seem to agree.

Haaland and Lewandowski are on for more goals than they got in the so called farmers leagues they used to play in

Doesn't mean they are only proven now

I noticed that apart from that chance he skied he stayed on the wing. He normally drifts in games so maybe he was just occupying walker and stopping him from creating overloads on France. 

Kylian Mbappe with an excellent defensive performance 😂

I think England made the mistake of putting too much effort into his threat and the 2 players that did the damage was Griezmann and Giroud who were both having good tournaments were left the space to do damage

14 minutes ago, sne said:

40 goals and 29 assists from 59 CL- games, 33 goals and 23 assists in 64 games for France, needs to prove himself in the PL :crylaugh:

And that's to go with his 147 goals and 63 assists in 197 Ligue 1 games. The guy turns 24 2 days after the WC final.

Thanks Transfermarkt

I agree with you but I will say I think the CL and CL experience and all that is overrated as most early and group stage games contain terrible teams. 'big game' experience is more important for me CL QF onwards, cup finals, international latter stages etc

5 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I agree with you but I will say I think the CL and CL experience and all that is overrated as most early and group stage games contain terrible teams. 'big game' experience is more important for me CL QF onwards, cup finals, international latter stages etc

Far as I can be bothered to look he has 9 goals and 3 assists from 16 knock out games in the CL. In the WC he has 5 goals, 2 assists from 6 knock out games.

Euro's he has 1 assist from 1 knock out game. And while no one cares about the pointless Nations League he has 2 goals and 2 assists from 2 knock out games.

Might be off on some of them but for a 23 y.o I wouldn't say he hides away in the big games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thug said:

Some utter nonsense being spouted here.

Stinks of the same vibes as the press here where you can’t possibly be a good player unless you play for the big 6.

How about you use your eyes instead?

I fondly remember this old gem

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thug said:

Utter nonsense.

It’s no different from saying ‘Messi will never be considered a great because he never played in the premier league.‘

Do you dismiss Pele as a great player because he never played in Europe?

Primera Liga is and has always been a better league than Ligue 1....so there's that too.

Football in Pele's time was different for sure and hence cannot really be equated. Besides I always thought Maradona as The Goat, you know proved himself in several leagues.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Haaland and Lewandowski are on for more goals than they got in the so called farmers leagues they used to play in

Doesn't mean they are only proven now

Bundesliga is also a better league, besides Haaland is doing it in the so-called best league now. So that's moot also...

45 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

True that.

Look I never said he wasn't a good player or anything. Just not overly impressed by him at all...

Not just me either...

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

13 hours ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Possibly. Henry and Zidane had that player making ability. I dont think Mbappe got it. Still is a great player. Suarez, Eto level player in my opinion. 

I will never be able to enjoy him for that laugh tonight tho. What was all that about? 

Perhaps this also lowers my opinion of him too, there is winning and doing it with class.

I don't have to like him because some of you tell me too, you know that right?

12 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Bundesliga is also a better league, besides Haaland is doing it in the so-called best league now. So that's moot also...

Ligue Un was the 4th best ranked league last season and is just behind the Bundesliga in the UEFA rankings

Surely if Haaland is finding it easier in the Premier League then maybe the Premier League isnt that special. Teams like Leeds, Brentford or Everton would be cannon fodder in France as well

Only want him in the PL if it's with Villa and I don't see that happening now since we are signing Joao Felix :D 

He's a French guy born in Paris playing for PSG. Rather he stays were he is.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think England made the mistake of putting too much effort into his threat and the 2 players that did the damage was Griezmann and Giroud who were both having good tournaments were left the space to do damage

They clearly thought Shaw was a weak link.

Anyone who thinks Mbappe isn't the best attacker on the planet (maybe with Haaland) needs to stop watching football and pick a different hobby. 

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He's sensational.

Amazing isn’t he. The way he slows players down and then just goes round them. It’s not just that, he’s fantastic with both feet and his end product is absolutely spot on. His crossing is fantastic. 

He’s amazing to watch in full stride. 

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Anyone who this Mbappe isn't the best attacker on the planet (maybe with Haaland) needs to stop watching football and pick a different hobby. 

Haaland is fantastic and I’ve watched him a lot this season, but he isn’t as good as Mbappé. Mbappé has absolutely everything. Can you imagine him in that City team?!

Â