Kylian Mbappé

messi11

Just now, foreveryoung said:

The magic comes from 110% dedication to the game. Messi and Ronaldo had this. The new generation don't. Yes Mbappe could be the next Messi, but I feel that ship has sailed, especially when your paying a 23 year old 250 mill a year to turn up, they think they have already made it, what else do they need to do?

You sound exactly like Ronaldo talking to  Piers Morgan now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

But there are dozens of super talented 18-22 year olds? Most of them aren’t center forwards though.

The game is changing sadly. Its becoming a game for system players rather than individuals. Man City and Pep to blame!

Messi is right with his quotes before the World Cup 

"Nowadays it is very difficult for a 10 or 11 year old boy to be in the street playing because of the insecurity on the streets. And now children have many more things like PlayStation, iPad, etc.

“I think football has changed a lot. It’s more difficult to see a player who is different, who is out of the ordinary… Because from a young age you are forced to play in a certain way. And that’s the problem.

“Football is going to be more and more tactical. You can see nowadays that any team can make it difficult for any team without having great players, but playing well tactically and in an organised way. But then it will be more complicated to see ‘extraordinary’ players.”

- Lionel Messi (Source- https://www.givemesport.com/88083983-lionel-messi-argentina-star-says-football-has-changed-ahead-of-world-cup)

Edited by Lupinthe5th
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The magic comes from 110% dedication to the game. Messi and Ronaldo had this. The new generation don't. Yes Mbappe could be the next Messi, but I feel that ship has sailed, especially when your paying a 23 year old 250 mill a year to turn up, they think they have already made it, what else do they need to do?

Despite him being paid a fortune, I think Mbappe is pretty dedicate in my opinion. Before the World Cup he said he’ll reject press conferences/media activities so he can fully focus on practicing for this World Cup. I’d say that’s showing quite a bit of commitment.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yes Mbappe could be the next Messi

Totally disagree with this. Mbappe could never match the dribbling ability, Passing ability, free kick ability, magic of Messi. Messi was a gift from god. 
We might not see another Messi again. I'm gonna go to bed and cry. Goodnight.

Edited by Lupinthe5th

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Despite him being paid a fortune, I think Mbappe is pretty dedicate in my opinion. Before the World Cup he said he’ll reject press conferences/media activities so he can fully focus on practicing for this World Cup. I’d say that’s showing quite a bit of commitment.

It was a commercial decision not dedication. He didn't want to advertise certain companies which would have come with the media commitments. 

2 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Totally disagree with this. Mbappe could never match the dribbling ability, Passing ability, free kick ability, magic of Messi. Messi was a gift from god. 
We might not see another Messi again. I'm gonna go to bed and cry. Goodnight.

There was a but?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

The game is changing sadly. Its becoming a game for system players rather than individuals. Man City and Pep to blame!

Messi is right with his quotes before the World Cup 

- Lionel Messi (Source- https://www.givemesport.com/88083983-lionel-messi-argentina-star-says-football-has-changed-ahead-of-world-cup)

There’s some truth in that, the game has developed enormously on the tactical level the last 10-15 years or so and Pep certainly has a lot to do with it.

A lot of people fail to see that change and end up looking like dinosaurs, like Gerrard. They think it’s still enough to have good players, be brave and fight.

• Like 1

If he's currently regarded as the best player in world football standards are slipping. Great player but not for me. I think Haaland is a better forward although very different and far more dangerous. Shame he'll never get to really test himself on a regular basis at International level.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, ok. Fine. Maybe he wasn’t. 

Still doesn’t mean he isn’t an unbelievable player. Id have him over any other player in the world in my team. 

Yeah, right...

When he regularly starts performing in Primera Liga or the English PL then I'd agree with you.

Funny, many other posters seem to agree.

50 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

When did that happen, 3 years ago? He just kept getting better and better since then. Nothing wrong with his dedication and desire. The magic being referred to cannot be taught or trained.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Known for not turning up in the big games, although Walker and Belingham were on him tonight.

Impressed with Walker, done Mbappe like a kipper a few times...

Fair enough Mbappe got the better of Walker one time but his cross was poor.

Mbappe messed up a few opportunities and lost the ball quite a few times also. Not an "unbelievable" talent tonight, for sure.

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yeah, right...

When he regularly starts performing in Primera Liga or the English PL then I'd agree with you.

Funny, many other posters seem to agree.

If people after one quiet game against England agree on Mbappe being overrated and not that good, then they’re all wrong I’m afraid.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

If people after one quiet game against England agree on Mbappe being overrated and not that good, then they’re all wrong I’m afraid.

I've thought it for awhile to be honest with you.

Maybe I'll shut up if he scores a decent number of goals in the PL or Primera Liga.

2 hours ago, Lupinthe5th said:

He's missing something that Henry and Zidane had. Magic? 

I think he has more World Cup goals than both combined and will also destroy the goal record combined of both

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think he has more World Cup goals than both combined and will also destroy the goal record combined of both

It means nothing Zatman they're just goals. Not Magic moments.
Doesn't mean Miroslav Klose, Mbappe and Thomas Müller are any better then Henry, Zidane, Pele, Ronaldo9, C Ronaldo, Messi, Maradona, Gerd Muller, Eusabio, George Weah etc etc just because they have scored more world cup games.

7 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Laughable isn’t it. The only argument against him is that he plays in France. 

Anyone saying he isn’t a top, top player is just kidding themselves. He’s unstoppable. Best player in the world for me. 

• Like 1

Â