Kylian Mbappé

messi11

I thought there were a few moments where England respected him too much and he was drawing in 3 or 4 defenders

The way he stood walker up and then accelerated was brilliant, very few players can do that, traore tries it all the time with little success

He was quiet though, England done a good job on him

Still personally don't think he's actually got that "it" whatever it is, he leans more towards Ronaldo to me rather than towards messi or Ronaldinho, I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to watch him even though he is a great player

He was quiet tonight, but when he 'decided' to run with the ball Im pretty sure had had managed to run passed his man every single time. 

In fact say the same about the whole french team, they only really got to 3rd gear for may be 10mins of the whole match and they managed to score 2 goals from it.

37 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

He's missing something that Henry and Zidane had. Magic? 

It's hard to explain. It's his technical ability I think. His first touch isn't as tight as those players mentioned. He's absolutely rapid though so it doesn't matter. And his finishing ability is out of this world. He'll rebrand into a poacher like Ronaldo (both of them) when his pace starts to go a little bit and still be great. He just doesn't have as much of that magic as you say.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

is that another way of saying "brain"?

Possibly. Henry and Zidane had that player making ability. I dont think Mbappe got it. Still is a great player. Suarez, Eto level player in my opinion. 

I will never be able to enjoy him for that laugh tonight tho. What was all that about? 

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If Mbappe and Haaland are the new superphysical machines, maybe Musiala can become the next magician.

Sad times. So whos replacing them? Mbappe, Haaland, Musiala, Bellingham, Pedri, Gavi

Edited by Lupinthe5th

1 minute ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Possibly. Henry and Zidane had that player making ability. I dont think Mbappe got it. Still is a great player. Suarez, Eto level player in my opinion. 

I will never be able to enjoy him for that laugh tonight tho. What was all that about? 

yeah, Henry and Zidane, and similar players had that bit of magic, Mbappe is a very good player, but he's a bit more road runner with good finishing than a magician like Henry, for me at least.

almost like he's a much better version of Traore (who can finish), rather than a player like Henry (who had it all, including magic).

• Like 1

The magic comes from 110% dedication to the game. Messi and Ronaldo had this. The new generation don't. Yes Mbappe could be the next Messi, but I feel that ship has sailed, especially when your paying a 23 year old 250 mill a year to turn up, they think they have already made it, what else do they need to do?

• Like 1

Â