Kylian Mbappé

messi11

I think Mbappe will be one of the top 3-5 players in the world for most of his 20s, but if his pace starts to go and he picks up the odd injury, he might drop off a bit, as what makes him so dangerous is his ability to do all the basics at insane speed. He’s not at the same technical level as Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, etc. but still an amazing player.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think Mbappe will be one of the top 3-5 players in the world for most of his 20s, but if his pace starts to go and he picks up the odd injury, he might drop off a bit, as what makes him so dangerous is his ability to do all the basics at insane speed. He’s not at the same technical level as Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, etc. but still an amazing player.

I agree with this!

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Wikipedia so might not be fully accurate but is a rough number. It has him down for around 250 goals at the moment, Haaland around 200 but is about a year younger

Ronaldo at 23 had around 130 goals and Messi had about 150 goals though Ronaldo and Messi hit the incredible goalscoring feats from about 23-33 

Both Ronaldo and Messi did it in better leagues. Ligue 1 is good, but not as good as the Premier League or Primera Division. He’s hiding at PSG.

I think he could do it tbh, like Haaland is doing. But he chose money over challenge.

5 hours ago, AXD said:

Both Ronaldo and Messi did it in better leagues. Ligue 1 is good, but not as good as the Premier League or Primera Division. He’s hiding at PSG.

I think he could do it tbh, like Haaland is doing. But he chose money over challenge.

It's hard to predict the future. Too many variables but at the moment it looks like he could.

7 hours ago, AXD said:

i think thats his one detracting point currently.

he is clearly a very talented player, possibly/probably a world class one, but imo you cant really make that claim unless your have "done it" consistently in the PL or La Liga, or to a lesser degree Italy.

tbh the only 2 leagues where if you succeed, you have a right to claim you are "elite" is the PL or La Liga.

thats not detracting from the talent he clearly has, im sure he would succeed in either the PL or La Liga, but you defo cant go through your entire career in Ligue 1 and believe you have any claim to be on the Ronaldo or Messi level.

12 hours ago, messi11 said:

His goalscoring record is insane for a 23 year old. 
Can/Will he surpass Platini, Zidane and Henry has the greatest French of all time? 

Zidane was the complete package that can never be surpassed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i think thats his one detracting point currently.

he is clearly a very talented player, possibly/probably a world class one, but imo you cant really make that claim unless your have "done it" consistently in the PL or La Liga, or to a lesser degree Italy.

tbh the only 2 leagues where if you succeed, you have a right to claim you are "elite" is the PL or La Liga.

thats not detracting from the talent he clearly has, im sure he would succeed in either the PL or La Liga, but you defo cant go through your entire career in Ligue 1 and believe you have any claim to be on the Ronaldo or Messi level.

I don’t think it’s as clearcut as that re which league you play in, as the Champions League is the big leveller. Mbappe hasn’t yet won it, but he’s come pretty close a couple of times and has a World Cup to his name.

The whole winning the league at different clubs in different countries thing is overstated (mainly by obsessive Cristiano Ronaldo fans) and personally I think there’s different ways of being great that aren’t always reflected in stats and honours. Totti was a genuine great, for example, and only had one league title to his name and no European honours.

Nowadays I don’t think playing at PSG is much different from playing at Bayern. Dominant in the league, but you’re expected to challenge for the Champions League every single season.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, KentVillan said:

He's a poor mans Agbonlahor

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I think this is fair, but those goals he scored against Poland (in particular the second) are all about technique.  Just a feeling that he was missing neither, as well.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AXD said:

Both Haaland and Lewandowski scored less goals in Bundesliga than they do in La Liga and Premier League. 

I'm confident if you stick Mbappe in a Real or Man City shirt he will be just as, if not more, effective.

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

There is a story here, but yes I originally had the one @messi11now uses, and then changed it due to being accidentally exposed as an ITK on a famous transfer, at which point we did a Three Amigos

Scooby doo GIF on GIFER - by Centrirne

13 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

There is a story here, but yes I originally had the one @messi11now uses, and then changed it due to being accidentally exposed as an ITK on a famous transfer, at which point we did a Three Amigos

Which one of you is ITK then? 

Asking for a friend, and definitely not keeping notes to refer to when the January window opens ;)

Very ordinary tonight, would rather have Adama Traore, but scared the shit out of Southgate which helped his team.

I've only seen him a couple of times, all I'll say is that Gabby in this era would be far more highly rated than he ever was!

Edited by AndyClarke

Â