Kylian Mbappé

messi11

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Give the guy all he wanted to keep him for an extra year and wonder why you lose all the bargaining chips.

It's silly - and it's not like it's given PSG anything other than the league and some marketing. 

It was an ego thing and it continues to be. Clearly PSG dislike Real Madrid a lot I think they feel like they are being mugged off by them losing their prize asset for free.

Actually, worse than free. They’ll effectively pay Real’s transfer fee themselves directly into the players bank account. It’s the stupidest deal in history losing a player for minus €140m. 

I wonder if PSG would be so upset if Mbappe had pre-agreed to join City, Chelsea or Man United?

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Give the guy all he wanted to keep him for an extra year and wonder why you lose all the bargaining chips.

It's silly - and it's not like it's given PSG anything other than the league and some marketing. 

Was only offered the deal because the World Cup was held in Qatar

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

It's going to be difficult to prove that he's pre-arranged to sign for Real Madrid at the end of his contract next year, but if he has then surely that warrants investigating?

How close did Mbappe get to finishing his last contract? If less than 6 months he could have agreed it in that window before signing a new deal with PSG.

”I’m going to re-sign with PSG for 2 years but will join you for free in 2024 on those terms we agreed”. 

I have a feeling Real Madrid will bid for him this summer, PSG will accept and negotiate a “loyalty” bonus with Mbappe to get him gone.

Eg, Real Madrid bid €130m, PSG split it with Mbappe and they all feel like they got something out of the shitty situation.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

How close did Mbappe get to finishing his last contract? If less than 6 months he could have agreed it in that window before signing a new deal with PSG.

”I’m going to re-sign with PSG for 2 years but will join you for free in 2024 on those terms we agreed”. 

I don't think that would be legal.

Surely he has to end up at Real Madrid this season, or some dodgy shenanigans take place where he spends a year in Saudi and then goes to Madrid. Although even spending a year there is a waste, he's a superstar.

While you can't tar all with the same brush I think this sort of deal is representative of the petrostates financial acumen and when the oil & gas starts running out/stops being used and they've spunked all their money on sports, space travel and that shitty NEOM they're going to be absolutely fked

If PSG continue to freeze him out for the crime of wanting to see out his contract then I’d expect his representatives to consider legal action. 

They’re damaging him, his brand and his earnings (he wouldn’t be getting appearance, goal, win bonuses etc) just because he refused to leave, which is because they offered him a massive incentive to stay till the end.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

If PSG continue to freeze him out for the crime of wanting to see out his contract then I’d expect his representatives to consider legal action. 

They’re damaging him, his brand and his earnings (he wouldn’t be getting appearance, goal, win bonuses etc) just because he refused to leave, which is because they offered him a massive incentive to stay till the end.

Interesting situation.  I'd have assumed the club can do whatever they want with him and it'd be completely legal... unless they have specifics stated in the contract.  Not going to leave son?  Here's a stint in the U18's.

(Edit:  Also, he's damaging himself - the petulant little dickhead).

Edited by bobzy

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is what happens when money is just thrown around for ego and political.purposes. Didnt the French Prime Minister exert pressure on him to stay as well ? 

the Sport becomes secondary here. I hope there is a situation where  PSG and Mbappe can both lose.  This might be the straw that breaks the camels back ( sorry!)  They could win the Champions League with Paris born players in a few years . 

Edited by MWARLEY2

20 minutes ago, sne said:

The French player association is not happy with PSG.

I can see why, I think there would be uproar by the FA / PFA here if for example City wanted Haaland to leave to avoid paying him what they promised so froze him out of the squad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

What is he doing that is damaging himself or petulant?

He told the club he is contracted to not to advertise him for season ticket promotions

Also the many times he has wanted to leave. Grealishesque PSG fan

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I can see why, I think there would be uproar by the FA / PFA here if for example City wanted Haaland to leave to avoid paying him what they promised so froze him out of the squad.

Nothing really happened when we bombsquaded players during the Lambert reign of terror

Just now, Zatman said:

Nothing really happened when we bombsquaded players during the Lambert reign of terror

That’s because they were shit. He’s a superstar and they are trying to force him to give up a bonus they promised him by making his life difficult.

Just now, Genie said:

That’s because they were shit. He’s a superstar and they are trying to force him to give up a bonus they promised him by making his life difficult.

We bombsquaded our captain and probably highest paid player in Darren Bent to replace with Jordan Bowery 

We tried force him to leave and noy take a wage we agreed with him

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He told the club he is contracted to not to advertise him for season ticket promotions

I thought the issue was he did an interview/video which he was told was normal media stuff but it was used to sell season tickets. It seems petty I agree, especially given how much they pay him but the complaint was (I think) he felt duped into doing promotional work for them without being told what it was for.

Â