Kylian Mbappé

messi11

41 minutes ago, Xela said:

Told PSG he is leaving 

I'm bored to tears with it all.

It’s such a bizarre situation. On his last day he leaves for free (so gets top dollar at his next club), but also gets some ludicrous €150m or so loyalty bonus. Talk about having his cake and eating it.

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s such a bizarre situation. On his last day he leaves for free (so gets top dollar at his next club), but also gets some ludicrous €150m or so loyalty bonus. Talk about having his cake and eating it.

PSG gave him €250m to stay for two years. Presumably they thought that would be enough to win the CL. Now he's off to the club he wanted to join two years ago. What's crazy is they paid that price to keep him only to see him leave for free. 

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

PSG gave him €250m to stay for two years. Presumably they thought that would be enough to win the CL. Now he's off to the club he wanted to join two years ago. What's crazy is they paid that price to keep him only to see him leave for free. 

Stupidest deal in history, guaranteed they wouldn’t get a transfer fee for the most valuable player on the planet.

He's on £3.3 million a week, £170million a year. He's either going to get a bigger short term contract at PSG, which normally happens every summer, or he's off the Real Madrid. Be interesting to see the salary he gets there, as for all the stars they have they don't pay Saudi wages. Toni Kroos is their highest paid player on just under £500k a week (still a lot, but it's not as much as they pay in the Saudi league).

in the naïve dream world where he's earned his fortune and could now happily go play anywhere he wants for a fraction of the wage...

kroos is off this summer isn't he? and modric I think so that probably frees up £700-800k a week in wages but id say the scariest thing would probably be more the signing bonus and image right stuff, he's a nike athlete so they cant do a special adidas range or anything like that

1 minute ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

This should be a recruitment war for the ages, but he'll go to Madrid because nobody else can afford him due to FFP. It's a shame, it'd be great to have him in the Premier League.

Why? Not like it would be us who signed him. Liverpool getting a generational talent feels like a terrible outcome to me. City cheating themselves to another superstar just as bad. Chelsea, Manure, Spurs or Arsenal getting him would sickening too.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Why? Not like it would be us who signed him. Liverpool getting a generational talent feels like a terrible outcome to me. City cheating themselves to another superstar just as bad. Chelsea, Manure, Spurs or Arsenal getting him would sickening too.

I'd rather have the best players playing in the Premier League.

The Premier League being stronger ultimately makes us stronger, and gives us the opportunity to buy better players as well.

Just now, ThunderPower_14 said:

The Premier League being stronger ultimately makes us stronger, and gives us the opportunity to buy better players as well.

OK, I much rather have 4-5 or ideally more strong leagues whom competes. Obviously those days are long gone but I rather Real or even PSG wins the CL than any English side apart from Villa.

16 minutes ago, sne said:

It only be United, city or Chelsea that could afford him. Liverpool, spurs and arsenal wouldn't have the money. Chelsea probably not too because of FFP.

Just now, villa89 said:

It only be United, city or Chelsea that could afford him. Liverpool, spurs and arsenal wouldn't have the money. Chelsea probably not too because of FFP.

Liverplop might be in for a £150m Salah windfall in the summer if the Saudi's come asking.

Marca claiming he's already signed for Real, saying he's reducing his salary by 50%. Gonna have to make due with a measly €40m a year + bonuses and signing fee

Let him go and take his circus to Saudi. He’s a great player but the way his previous contracts have been and the power away he has leave a nasty taste for me. Not been good enough to lift PSG to European success.

On 17/02/2024 at 13:08, sne said:

Meh, I'd love to have him in the league. Just as I'd have loved to have had Messi in the league and there's no way he'd have played for Villa either.

Football doesn't have to just be about what's good for Aston Villa

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Meh, I'd love to have him in the league. Just as I'd have loved to have had Messi in the league and there's no way he'd have played for Villa either.

Football doesn't have to just be about what's good for Aston Villa

Doesn't add anything for me if they played in the PL. I happily watch La Liga , Bundesliga, Serie A or even Ligue 1. Doesn't have to be about just the PL.

• Like 4

On 17/02/2024 at 20:20, ThunderPower_14 said:

Yeah it'd be great to strengthen our rivals with the best players in the world that we can't afford. 

Bizarre line of thinking if I'm honest.

• Like 1

Â