Kylian Mbappé

messi11

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

I guess KM didn’t have many other options.

He would have got more money from Man Utd, City, Saudi or PSG. He went to Madrid because that's where he wanted to go.

12 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He would have got more money from Man Utd, City, Saudi or PSG. He went to Madrid because that's where he wanted to go.

Good on him. I guess he made so much money from PSG he could afford the luxury of not having to chase the money for a few seasons. 

59 minutes ago, Genie said:

Still seems cheap.

£128m fee for a player of that calibre, and marketability is a bargain.

£250k/w is very low.

Those are Chelsea squad filler numbers.

Well done Real Madrid if they managed to negotiate to them. I guess KM didn’t have many other options.

It's essentially £750k/wk but free transfer.

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

Good on him. I guess he made so much money from PSG he could afford the luxury of not having to chase the money for a few seasons. 

He's getting £40mil a year alone from his contract and signing fee. He's also due a cut of all his image rights, and Real will have him front and centre on everything. He's chasing the money, it's just not as outlandish as it was at PSG. I'd imagine there are some sizeable bonuses in there too, along with this being the money we're aware of that he's being paid. Man City have made me a cynic, I wouldn't be surprised if more clubs had followed their lead and also had two contracts for marquee signings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Gutted he's going to one of our rivals next season instead of going to Saudi. 

I'd much rather watch him in that league than winning the CL for RM.

'Our rivals' seems to be a category that is rapidly expanding, at least rhetorically. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I know, I recently took at 750k a week job because money wasn't the main factor ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Still seems cheap.

£128m fee for a player of that calibre, and marketability is a bargain.

£250k/w is very low.

Those are Chelsea squad filler numbers.

Well done Real Madrid if they managed to negotiate to them. I guess KM didn’t have many other options.

He's also retained a chunk of his image rights - he's going to make a lot of money out of that - every shirt they sell with his name on it will help boost that income of his.

I think @NurembergVillan mentioned in another thread that Man Utd made something like £70m in the week that they signed Ibrahimovic on the stuff they sold with his name on it - according to rumour, Mbappe owns 75% of his image rights - he'll be making millions off that - potentially more than he will on his wages.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's also retained a chunk of his image rights - he's going to make a lot of money out of that - every shirt they sell with his name on it will help boost that income of his.

I think @NurembergVillan mentioned in another thread that Man Utd made something like £70m in the week that they signed Ibrahimovic on the stuff they sold with his name on it - according to rumour, Mbappe owns 75% of his image rights - he'll be making millions off that - potentially more than he will on his wages.

That would explain the relatively small numbers involved for the best player on the planet.

Real Madrid currently sell 1.7m shirts a year.

Fair to assume a decent chunk of previously PSG sales will follow Mbappe to Madrid.

He'll do alright out of this deal...

I wonder if image rights, at that sort of level, are a handy FFP workaround?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He's not even signed yet,  spanish media stating his salary being the issue.

Don't be thinking he's one of the goodens, geezer wants mega money.

I have no problem with him commanding top money as he’s a top player and still young.

Juve paying people like Aaron Ramsey £300k a week is more mental.

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have no problem with him commanding top money as he’s a top player and still young.

Juve paying people like Aaron Ramsey £300k a week is more mental.

It depends what you call top money, what he demanded at PSG just took the piss whoever he is.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It depends what you call top money, what he demanded at PSG just took the piss whoever he is.

I don’t think he demanded it, he was already out the door on his way to Madrid. PSG threw that crazy money at him to get him to stay.

Just now, Genie said:

“relatively” small numbers 😉 

In comparison to other elite footballers / sports stars.

£750k/wk isn’t small at all! It’s just because there’s no initial transfer fee - but that wage is huge. 

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

£750k/wk isn’t small at all! It’s just because there’s no initial transfer fee - but that wage is huge. 

It was reported (no idea how accurate it is) that his weekly wage is about £250k per week. Thats very low for someone of his standing.

Yes there’s a massive signing on fee, but even that is much less than they’d have to pay for a transfer fee. Look at all the shite Chelsea bought for around £100m each, they will have been paying players and agents fees signing on fees on top of those.

I was expecting numbers like Ronaldo, Benzema, Messi, Neymar, Kane, Haaland etc and it’s actually more like Caicedo, Rice, Grealish.

I suspect the numbers being reported are not right, or as also mentioned he has retained him image rights and will make a tonne off those separately.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

It was reported (no idea how accurate it is) that his weekly wage is about £250k per week. Thats very low for someone of his standing.

Yes there’s a massive signing on fee, but even that is much less than they’d have to pay for a transfer fee. Look at all the shite Chelsea bought for around £100m each, they will have been paying players and agents fees signing on fees on top of those.

I was expecting numbers like Ronaldo, Benzema, Messi, Neymar, Kane, Haaland etc and it’s actually more like Caicedo, Rice, Grealish.

I suspect the numbers being reported are not right, or as also mentioned he has retained him image rights and will make a tonne off those separately.

He will get most of the £128m sigining on fee, paid over the course of the new contract, plus £250k a week. It's nothing like the Grealish, Rice, Canciedo deals, they were bought for £100m.

Anyway as I said, the fees and salary have not been finalised as yet, due to £750k a week including the signing on fee, not be enough for Mbappe to live on.

Â