Kylian Mbappé

messi11

44 minutes ago, sne said:

Doesn't add anything for me if they played in the PL. I happily watch La Liga , Bundesliga, Serie A or even Ligue 1. Doesn't have to be about just the PL.

It doesn't have to be, but plenty of people don't watch much foreign football. I watch the Champions League but outside of that very little. 

So I don't think there's anything wrong with people wanting to see the best players in the world play in England every week

• Like 1

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

Yeah it'd be great to strengthen our rivals with the best players in the world that we can't afford. 

Bizarre line of thinking if I'm honest.

Not everything is about Aston Villa.

If Villa had a great team and the rest of the league was full of League 2 plodders then we'd win the league every season but the league would be a laughing stock

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not everything is about Aston Villa.

If Villa had a great team and the rest of the league was full of League 2 plodders then we'd win the league every season but the league would be a laughing stock

You dont have to reply to every one of my posts you know. I know you disagree with everything I say but it's getting a bit much.

If you think Liverpool signing Mbappe would be a good thing then fair enough. I don't.

And to me, I only care about Aston Villa. That's where we are different.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It doesn't have to be, but plenty of people don't watch much foreign football. I watch the Champions League but outside of that very little. 

So I don't think there's anything wrong with people wanting to see the best players in the world play in England every week

Nothing wrong, but for me it would make football worse having all the best player concentrated to just one league. Be it the PL, Saudi Super League or Serie A 

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

You dont have to reply to every one of my posts you know. I know you disagree with everything I say but it's getting a bit much.

Don't flatter yourself. I didn't even look at who had posted. I just replied to the latest post in the thread.

Nice to know you're noticing me though x

Just now, sne said:

Nothing wrong, but for me it would make football worse having all the best player concentrated to just one league. Be it the PL, Saudi Super League or Serie A 

I don't disagree with that at all to be fair

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't flatter yourself. I didn't even look at who had posted. I just replied to the latest post in the thread.

Nice to know you're noticing me though x

Yes I noticed you keep quoting me and disagreeing. Whatever the subject. It's tiring.

I know you have other clubs you follow,  (checks Man City thread), but I dont and I think Mbappe playing for a rival would be a terrible thing for Villa and our fans.

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

Yes I noticed you keep quoting me and disagreeing. Whatever the subject. It's tiring.

I know you have other clubs you follow,  (checks Man City thread), but I dont and I think Mbappe playing for a rival would be a terrible thing for Villa and our fans.

It would be bad for Aston Villa due to a rival having a great player…

…but also good to have a World Class forward playing in the league and being able to watch them week in, week out.

There’s always the mention of Ligue Un being a “farmers league” - how good is Mbappé? Would be good to see him here.

But I also understand that football has become a hate filled game rather than a mutually appreciative one. Each to their own. 

Did I reply to you in the Man City thread then? When?

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It would be bad for Aston Villa due to a rival having a great player…

…but also good to have a World Class forward playing in the league and being able to watch them week in, week out.

There’s always the mention of Ligue Un being a “farmers league” - how good is Mbappé? Would be good to see him here.

But I also understand that football has become a hate filled game rather than a mutually appreciative one. Each to their own. 

I don't hate anyone who plays the game fairly. I work in the football world so to suggest I don't appreciate it is just mental.

However personally, I want what's best for Aston Villa. That's it and that's all.

When Rodri was missing for Man City v us, were you disappointed? Do you wish Salah was fit to face us for Liverpool whilst I am hoping he is injured and mises our game? I want Villa to have the best chance of winning every game we play and Liverpool having Mbappe SURELY goes against that. Surely!?

Edited by GlobalVillan

30 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I don't hate anyone who plays the game fairly. I work in the football world so to suggest I don't appreciate it is just mental.

However personally, I want what's best for Aston Villa. That's it and that's all.

When Rodri was missing for Man City v us, were you disappointed? Do you wish Salah was fit to face us for Liverpool whilst I am hoping he is injured and mises our game? I want Villa to have the best chance of winning every game we play and Liverpool having Mbappe SURELY goes against that. Surely!?

I just don't see football as black and white as that.

It's pure entertainment for me - I don't really care which players other sides have.  I want to see fantastic players, playing football well.  If they're missing when they play Villa then that's even better.  Ideally, Villa would have the best players and be top of the league; but that's also pipedream sort of stuff.  All sides will be trying to get the best players playing in their sides - not just Villa.

But then I'm also the type of person that will applaud a good goal from the opposition when at a game, rather than giving them a load of abuse or bemoaning whatever our defence has done.  There's beauty in the game - and it's just a game.

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There's beauty in the game - and it's just a game.

Yes that's correct.

However I don't want to see Mbappe playing for a rival club and scoring a "beautiful" hat trick against us. No way, not ever.

Yes that's correct.

However I don't want to see Mbappe playing for a rival club and scoring a "beautiful" hat trick against us. No way, not ever.

I don't mind if we win 4-3.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't mind if we win 4-3.

Which would be unlikely if they keep signing players like Mbappe. 

My point is just that I do not want world class players that we can't afford, thanks to the financial imbalance, playing for our rivals. 

If it was a fair and level playing field then fair enough, but it isn't, and them signing Mbappe, just like Man City with Haaland, just makes it even more imbalanced.

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yeah it'd be great to strengthen our rivals with the best players in the world that we can't afford. 

Bizarre line of thinking if I'm honest.

We can afford the likes of Diaby, Bailey, Carlos and Pau because our rival signed good players and the financial strength of the league started to dominate the rest of the big leagues. Those players wanted to come to the premier league because it's the biggest league and with TV money, we can afford them. They wouldn't have come to us if we were the best team in the Belgian league, they came to us, in part, because the Premier League is the best league in the world. That doesn't happen unless our rivals are also buying good players.

As an added bonus, the product is also better to watch.

1 minute ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

We can afford the likes of Diaby, Bailey, Carlos and Pau because our rival signed good players and the financial strength of the league started to dominate the rest of the big leagues. Those players wanted to come to the premier league because it's the biggest league and with TV money, we can afford them. They wouldn't have come to us if we were the best team in the Belgian league, they came to us, in part, because the Premier League is the best league in the world. That doesn't happen unless our rivals are also buying good players.

As an added bonus, the product is also better to watch.

OK are you saying, seriously saying, that Liverpool signing Mbappe will be a good thing for Villa? Because I am saying it clearly wouldn't be, and that's my argument. I can't actually believe anyone would think otherwise.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

OK are you saying, seriously saying, that Liverpool signing Mbappe will be a good thing for Villa? Because I am saying it clearly wouldn't be, and that's my argument. I can't actually believe anyone would think otherwise.

Good for Villa in that the Premier League retains an image of being the best league, with the best players, paying the best money.

If that went to, say, La Liga then Pau Torres possibly doesn’t bother moving to Villa. So it’s “worse” for attracting good players. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Good for Villa in that the Premier League retains an image of being the best league, with the best players, paying the best money.

If that went to, say, La Liga then Pau Torres possibly doesn’t bother moving to Villa. So it’s “worse” for attracting good players. 

The Premier League is saturated with talent. We don't need our rivals signing the best player in the world so that we don't get rejected by players like Pau Torres. 

Mbappe signing for a PL rival will be as bad for us as Salah has been for Liverpool from a Villa perspective. If not worse.

22 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

The Premier League is saturated with talent. We don't need our rivals signing the best player in the world so that we don't get rejected by players like Pau Torres. 

Mbappe signing for a PL rival will be as bad for us as Salah has been for Liverpool from a Villa perspective. If not worse.

I'd argue that Liverpool signing Salah hasn't really affected us negatively. We've never been really directly competing with them for places in the league, they've been a clear level above us since he joined.

What Salah and his performances have done is help to elevate the Premier League to it's current status of being the clearcut best league in the world. Which has in turn helped us sign good players.

We're trying to build something here, but we're absolutely leveraging off of the back of the Premier League being strong. We're currently favourites for a European trophy. We've attracted a manager and players we couldn't have dreamed of a few seasons ago. A stronger Premier League means a stronger Aston Villa, and the stronger we are the more chance we have of being able to get a foothold in this top 4/5/6 to then build towards potentially challenging for titles.

• Like 1

Â