Kylian Mbappé

messi11

6 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I'd argue that Liverpool signing Salah hasn't really affected us negatively. We've never been really directly competing with them for places in the league, they've been a clear level above us since he joined.

We literally compete with them directly twice a season and he has scored against us many times. On the point about league places, we were literally 2 places behind them last season and without Salah, we would have finished above them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

We literally compete with them directly twice a season and he has scored against us many times. On the point about league places, we were literally 2 places behind them last season and without Salah, we would have finished above them.

You can’t possibly know that, though.

It’s not as black and white as you’re suggesting (generally). 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

KNow what? That Salah makes a huge difference to Liverpool? Yes, I can actually say that confidently. Mbappe would too. Massively.

Our rivals using their vastly bigger resources to strengthen their team with world class players that we cannot compete with, is a bad thing for Villa. It may be seen as good for the league but I don't care about that for one and for two, I actually think it clearly makes the big 6 bigger and stronger in the long run.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Yep, football doesn't work like that, no salah means they might not shift mane, it means they provably don't spunk £80m on a striker who isn't the finished product, it means they play jota and dias more

It doesn't automatically mean they finish 10+ points worse off and 2/3 places down

Agree with the sentiment that I don't want Mbappe in the PL though

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

KNow what? That Salah makes a huge difference to Liverpool? Yes, I can actually say that confidently. Mbappe would too. Massively.

That’s not what you said. You said “without Salah, we would have finished above them” - which you can’t possibly know. Jota is still an excellent player; he plays more. They’re a good side of very good players - plus some World Class ones.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Our rivals using their vastly bigger resources to strengthen their team with world class players that we cannot compete with, is a bad thing for Villa. It may be seen as good for the league but I don't care about that for one and for two, I actually think it clearly makes the big 6 bigger and stronger in the long run.

On this - it depends whether we’re talking about Mbappe singularly (which I was, and I think @Stevo985 is) or the wider picture (which @ThunderPower_14 is discussing).

Singularly, that’s valid - I just like watching good players.

Wider picture, it’s definitely a good thing for the league. Very brief; but if the league isn’t as strong or offering as much dolla then we (Villa) aren’t pulling players from Leverkusen. In fact, you’d probably see something more akin to the German league whereby the top sides attract more talent from the lower parts of the league. 

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Any chance on next week's lottery numbers while you've got the old crystal ball out? 

I am also of the opinion I dont care about Mbappe joining the league if its not us. We are aiming to go to the top and the opposition signing elite players isnt going to help us

He will go to Real.

Its the football equivalent of Ferrari, people go there to tick the box, but they arent really in danger of winning anything, its just like a badge to collect.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He will go to Real.

Its the football equivalent of Ferrari, people go there to tick the box, but they arent really in danger of winning anything, its just like a badge to collect.

Well Real win a lot still 😝 won 5 Champions League in the last decade

6 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yes I noticed you keep quoting me and disagreeing. Whatever the subject. It's tiring.

I know you have other clubs you follow,  (checks Man City thread), but I dont and I think Mbappe playing for a rival would be a terrible thing for Villa and our fans.

@Stevo985 quotes everyone because the big knobhead posts more than everyone else.

Stop being so sensitive, you big wuss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

On this - it depends whether we’re talking about Mbappe singularly (which I was, and I think @Stevo985 is) or the wider picture (which @ThunderPower_14 is discussing).

Singularly, that’s valid - I just like watching good players.

Wider picture, it’s definitely a good thing for the league. Very brief; but if the league isn’t as strong or offering as much dolla then we (Villa) aren’t pulling players from Leverkusen. In fact, you’d probably see something more akin to the German league whereby the top sides attract more talent from the lower parts of the league. 

Yeah basically. But like I said it’s not even that deep. 

I like to see the best players in the world on the prem. just like if I was Spanish I’d like to see them in the prem. 

No I don’t mean every single good player should play here, that’s mental. Similarly I don’t mean I specifically want good players going to our direct rivals. But unfortunately that’s a consequence of being in one of the best leagues in the world. 

It’s all hierarchical. If clubs like Man City and Liverpool couldn’t have Salah and Haaland and Mbappe and KDB etc, then they’d be buying players like Pau Torres and Leon Bailey etc because they’re the next best thing. So we’d be stuck with the next level down and we’d be moaning about those clubs having all the good players. 

It’s not like we’d keep our good players and those clubs would have shit players all of a sudden. 

Bigger clubs are always going to have better players. What Villa need to do is get themselves to that level so that we can have some of them too and compete. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

This is literally nonsense

11 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

This is literally nonsense

It's nonsense that we play Liverpool twice a year and that Salah has scored a lot against us? 

Right ok. I must be going mad then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Any chance on next week's lottery numbers while you've got the old crystal ball out? 

It's my opinion. Which everyone has on this forum about some things. Are you going to reply to all those asking the same stupid question?

Edited by GlobalVillan

Â