World Cup: Matches

Genie

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

2018 we beat Tunisia, Panama and Sweden. Lost to Belgium, Croatia and Belgium again and drew against Colombia.

2021 (in our home country for every game?) we beat Czech Rep, Croatia, Germany, Ukraine, Denmark (after extra time), drew against Scotland and lost to Italy.

I make that 2 wins and 4 losses against top opposition.  What a manager.

(Edit: although fair play, we were good against Germany)

Germany who have gone out in two successive world cup group stages. So...the worst German team ever.

Got past Denmark with a dive and ratty pen of course.

Tim Sherwood would have won the Euros with England. 

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

Shame for all of you Southgate haters that England will thrash Senegal. To win the World Cup, England will probably have to beat the 3 best teams in the World, all World Champions this century. An almost impossible task. But, no blame to Gareth Southgate, if they do not manage it.

How do you rate this England side on paper, out of interest?

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

Shame for all of you Southgate haters that England will thrash Senegal. To win the World Cup, England will probably have to beat the 3 best teams in the World, all World Champions this century. An almost impossible task. But, no blame to Gareth Southgate, if they do not manage it.

Yeah but he plays boring football and we hardly attack…

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The rumour doing the rounds is an armed burglary at Sterling's home, might just be internet rubbish though

The other rumour (as per Oliver Holt) is that Sterling and Shaw had a training ground bust up. Shaw apparently left with a bruised eye (I’m not watching, someone can check). 

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

I’ve just seen that and his family were in the house at the time. If it’s true I hope no one got hurt.

Happens quite regularly to players that are away for games, unfortunately.

Incredibly rich people with a public itinerary of them being out of the country is a bad combination

• Like 2

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

Same as me, then.

You wrote as if I were some kind of **** idiot who had never watched proper football before. I think you were pretty rude. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, andym said:

Much better with Foden and Saka supporting Kane than Mount and Sterling

I actually think we were missing Mount on the first half. Or at least someone in that midfield position to support the attack. 

We seem to have tweaked it to good effect since then though