World Cup: Matches

Genie

3 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Any of those would be like eating Chateaubriand & supping claret, compared to communicating with you.

:)

Where do you think Southgate will go after England?

Real Madrid?

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

I know we're winning does anyone else think it's just been a bit boring?

Yeah tactical though ennit! Even though Senegal have offered nothing this half, I think we are yet again looking better than we are. Even Australia still looked threatening in the second half.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I shouldn’t be surprised that the usual extreme thinking on VT has crept into this thread. If you don’t hate everything about Southgate then you apparently think he’s the best manager of all time. 

He lacks a lot. I still don’t think he’s good enough to win us the tournament. But he’s done a good job. 

As much as some people seem terrified to accept it, we’ve been arguably the best team at the tournament so far. We’re in the conversation with France anyway. 

Of course there’s the real test to come. But so far we can’t really have asked for much more

It has nothing to do with individuals' opinions of Southgate. It should only be about England winning.

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Not for me he isn't. Nowhere near the level of Bellingham, Foden or even Mount, imo.

He plays a completely different position to those players. Bellingham and Foden are unbelievable talents. 

He’s a better player than Mount that’s for sure

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I shouldn’t be surprised that the usual extreme thinking on VT has crept into this thread. If you don’t hate everything about Southgate then you apparently think he’s the best manager of all time. 

If you are referring to folks engaging with one particular poster, it's because of their rudeness/ignorance and belligerence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He lacks a lot. I still don’t think he’s good enough to win us the tournament. But he’s done a good job. 

As much as some people seem terrified to accept it, we’ve been arguably the best team at the tournament so far. We’re in the conversation with France anyway. 

Of course there’s the real test to come. But so far we can’t really have asked for much more

We have yet to play a team who are at least as good on paper. Let's see how we go against France.

It’s possibly true (I’m not watching so wouldn’t know), but England have also played 3 of the worst teams in this tournament, plus the USA who aren’t great. 

Just now, TheAuthority said:

If you are referring to folks engaging with one particular poster, it's because of their rudeness/ignorance and belligerence.

No just in general. The reaction to not hating Southgate seems to be “oh so you think he’s a great manager then?!”

• Thanks 1

He plays a completely different position to those players. Bellingham and Foden are unbelievable talents. 

He’s a better player than Mount that’s for sure

That ain't saying much now is it! 

Rice I not £100 million that's for sure.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

We have yet to play a team who are at least as good on paper. Let's see how we go against France.

Neither have France or Argentina or Brazil or Portugal. Or Spain, they players Germany and managed a draw against them. A poor German side that ended up going out. 

Hence why I said SO FAR. And that the real test was to come

10 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

He came on as a substitute, but most of the team were squad players. If you can't see the danger France possess, then you're kidding yourself. France will be favourites to win that game, and there's a reason why. 

Only Mbappe, Varane and Maybe Hearnadez would get in the England starting 11 from the French starting 11 today.