Club Crest Discussion (2022 version)

Demitri_C

Hearing that this decision was taken when Heck played PES for the first time and saw the West Midlands Village badge. On a perhaps related note, also hearing that Villa are in advanced talks with KONAMI over purchasing exclusive image rights for one of their assets. It's happening.

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Geez some of you need to go out and chill and enjoy the sun or get laid or something … the OTT reactionary bollox being spouted is borderline psychotic and lacks any sense of perspective and shows that some of y’all should maybe just get a life outside of Villa and VT … All in my opinion but some of the responses from grown up men/ ladies / non-binary is so childlike and not based on any logic other than faux outrage and bandwagon behaviour … The new round badge is pretty shit and shows why fans shouldn’t have a say in crucial design and aesthetic decisions. Most don’t seem to know out ass from our elbows when it comes down to these types of things…. Go have a Tommy tank or connect with nature and then ask yourself why do I care so much and then maybe y’all see what I see which is kinda a none issue imo. Just my take on it which is as valid as your desires to deride the club and froth at the mouth over a bloody badge… All in my humble opinion  

I think if you were trying to balance the scales you've gone a little too heavy 

4 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I think if you were trying to balance the scales you've gone a little too heavy 

just like some of the posts & hyperbole I was referring to ! 

Edited by thabucks

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

With all the money you've got stashed away mate, I'm sure you could afford a hooker or two.. 

B)

By the time you can afford to do it properly, it just doesn't appeal anymore! I'd rather have a nice cup of tea and a wank! 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Geez some of you need to go out and chill and enjoy the sun or get laid or something … the OTT reactionary bollox being spouted is borderline psychotic and lacks any sense of perspective and shows that some of y’all should maybe just get a life outside of Villa and VT … All in my opinion but some of the responses from grown up men/ ladies / non-binary is so childlike and not based on any logic other than faux outrage and bandwagon behaviour … The new round badge is pretty shit and shows why fans shouldn’t have a say in crucial design and aesthetic decisions. Most don’t seem to know out ass from our elbows when it comes down to these types of things…. Go have a Tommy tank or connect with nature and then ask yourself why do I care so much and then maybe y’all see what I see which is kinda a none issue imo. Just my take on it which is as valid as your desires to deride the club and froth at the mouth over a bloody badge… All in my humble opinion  

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I wish! 

It's a Tommy Tank then?

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I have the artistic talent of a 3 year old with a blindfold on but I've given it a go of the design I'd like, if anyone with more ability would like to take the "proper" gas lamp outline idea along with the more classic rampant lion and the star at the top of the badge, plus the Aston Villa FC all being on the badge along with 1874, I'd appreciate it.

Aston villa.png

I like the sort of thing you're going for, with the bolder gas lamp variation but why does the lion look like someone's just walked in on it in the shower

• Haha 3

Interesting read on rebranding … 

So a new crest or logo redesign is always going to walk a fine line: get it right and you’re looking at a fresh visual identity that can usher in a new era for a club, hopefully one that will be linked to an ongoing period of success, elevating it to iconic status. Get it wrong and it becomes a laughing stock; to the fans, the hierarchy will have committed a cardinal sin, messing with the very essence of the club. They will not forgive, while all rival fans won’t let them forget.

https://www.soccerbible.com/design/miscellaneous/2021/the-best-logo-rebrands-in-modern-football/

As I said before I’d ditch the rampart lion and go bold… 

IMG_7549.jpeg

IMG_7550.jpeg

IMG_7551.png

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

https://www.soccerbible.com/design/miscellaneous/2021/the-best-logo-rebrands-in-modern-football/

IMG_7549.jpeg

IMG_7550.jpeg

IMG_7551.png

The Juventus badge is stunning. I’d be thrilled with something like that but can’t see the majority of the fanbase going with it

Most people are obsessed with a round, 1982 style badge

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Another good website on sports logos 

https://sportslogohistory.com

There are a number of misconceptions about logos and historical sports logos that will be tackled here at Sports Logo History. Many of you are used to only seeing a team’s primary logo. The primary logo is more commonly associated with each team because its purpose is to be at the forefront of the marketing image and face of the team. However, fans will get to look at the history of a team’s alternative and wordmark logos for each team as well. This will help fans to learn a well-rounded view of a team’s sports logo history.

I’ve just knocked this up in about 5 mins on my phone, and obv it’s shit, and it’s a clip art lion… but you could use a diamond shape to be the A and V and have a lion and… well, to be honest this is rubbish, but if a designer spent a bit more time on this concept it could work 

IMG_3871.jpeg

Edited by alreadyexists

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

IMG_7549.jpeg

IMG_7550.jpeg

IMG_7551.png

You thinking the AV logo route?

I do like the Nantes and Juventus ones but alot of people here don't.

To be fair, I liked Juventus old badge as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, burchy said:

Was playing around last night and did this one…….let the overly aggressive, negative feedback commence.

IMG_1718.thumb.jpeg.fbbd97e4baa4725769fd457c65576b6d.jpeg

Looks a bit like something a dwarven kingdom would have in a fantasy story.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, burchy said:

Was playing around last night and did this one…….let the overly aggressive, negative feedback commence.

Cartoon cock eyed lion, with 18 question mark 4, with a mountain on his head looking through a window….😉

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, burchy said:

Instead of the Turin Shroud this is the Villa Shroud! 😉

Â