Match Thread: LC3: Man United v Villa

limpid

Just now, It's Your Round said:

It’s unsurprising that this game is disjointed. So much rotation will have that effect. 

We’ve looked ropey playing out from the back, manure’s pressing has been good whereas Olsen’s foot work, not so. 

We are lacking some width especially on the left hand side, meaning the ball comes back inside a lot where it’s too congested. 

The good news is we’re not behind. I’m keen to see what Emery does for the second half. We’ve not been great but neither have United, we can still win this. 

Lastly, I hate Maguire. 

Maguire's a strange one, he's too much of a bumbling oaf for me to hate him. He's very low on the list of United players I'd like to slap. Fernandes, McTominay and Ronaldo are right up the top. 

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

its not often that you can be that poor in a first half and come in level at the break. we should consider ourselves very lucky

lucky? we've executed well on a game plan. I don't see how luck played a part in that half.

• Like 3

I thought we look ok. It's a weaker team we are playing with, but we are keeping shape, frustrating them, and if I was a Man U fan I would be saying that this isn't a game we are going to win. 

Imagine if we played our second side, rested a load of first teamers, evaluated the depth of the squad, AND knocked Man U out of the Cup at their place? 

Would not get much better than that tbh. 

We can do this. Emery has Ten Hag in his pocket here.

Edited by HKP90
typo

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I hate it when I’m looking forward to watching Villa on TV but find myself scrolling through shite on my phone instead.

I’m right there with you 👍