Match Thread: LC3: Man United v Villa

limpid

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Well we have no creative players because Gerrard sold all of them but 3 injury prone players who can't play more than 90 minutes a week. 

Which ones were those? Surely not Trez and AEG?

This is very much how Emery had Villareal play away. Frustrate the home side and pick a moment to counter. It's not pretty due to the personnel at his disposal. There is no way this will be his 'back up' lineup come the start of next season.

• Like 1

Just now, osmark86 said:

it's hardly a shit show. not blisteringly exciting either, but come on now XD

I don't mean our performance as much, after all, they don't look much better, but it's half an hour in without a shot on target from either team.

It's a **** bore-a-thon.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I don't mean our performance as much, after all, they don't look much better, but it's half an hour in without a shot on target from either team.

It's a **** bore-a-thon.

I sense a little resentment at missing the greatest game ever on sunday ;)

• Haha 1

Just now, stewiek2 said:

This is very much how Emery had Villareal play away. Frustrate the home side and pick a moment to counter. It's not pretty due to the personnel at his disposal. There is no way this will be his 'back up' lineup come the start of next season.

Exactly...  This isn't Gerrard ball where we defend like our lives depend on it and hope someone pulls off a "magical moment", it's a clearly planned strategy.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1