Christmas 2022

Seat68

Put the outside lights up today, but they will not be going on till 1st December. 

Much to my surprise the smartplug they are on was immediately recognised. The timing schedule still works and Alexa will still control them with voice commands. 

So much better than the ball ache of setting up new timer plugs each year. 

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Put the outside lights up today, but they will not be going on till 1st December. 

Much to my surprise the smartplug they are on was immediately recognised. The timing schedule still works and Alexa will still control them with voice commands. 

So much better than the ball ache of setting up new timer plugs each year. 

There's an easy solution to these problems

Spoiler

Don't f***ing bother :D

On 25/11/2022 at 15:25, Genie said:

I don’t mind Christmas, but hate putting the decorations up. I’d be thrilled if I came home and it was all done (even if a little early).

Just did the tree yesterday as the missus wantes to do it. Doing the tree isn't bad its when you have to take it down thats bloody long

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Oh no! A out break of bird flu has hit our turkeys!

Christmas is cancelled!

As long as someone realises and kills all the cows to age in time, I'll be happy ;)

(Time is rather running out though)

Was out shopping with the OH the other day. Saw a tree ornament which was basically a velociraptor wearing a Santa hat. Told her it was definitely going on the tree. Her response was adamant in the negative. 

Fast forward a few days and I find myself having agreed to order a new Christmas tree and decorations for this year, which she is delighted about. 

The tree itself is vile, made of gold tinsel. It will be adorned with three sets of dinosaur fairy lights and dinos of multiple breeds, all wearing Santa hats. the fairy on top is a ten inch, talking Rex dinosaur from Toy Story. 

She never learns. 

4 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Decorations up and Christmas songs on the radio ok from tomorrow, i guess?

I think so, yes. But we traditionally save the tree until after our daughter's birthday, which is on the 8th. And Xmas CDs (I don't do radio) not allowed until about the 21st.