Christmas 2022

Seat68

26 minutes ago, hogso said:

Just cracked open a new packet of Twiglets. They just don't taste the same, can't put my finger on why.

Is it because you haven't dipped them in dogshit to improve the flavour? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Come home from work to find all our decs are already up - even the tree.  Surely that's grounds for divorce??

I don’t mind Christmas, but hate putting the decorations up. I’d be thrilled if I came home and it was all done (even if a little early).

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

My missus has decreed that we need a new oven for xmas because the current one keeps burning things

I feel a talk about cooking on a slightly lower temperature is needed

I won't win

When we got a new oven my mrs kept saying it was faulty and not getting hot enough (when the food was being served up uncooked). 

I bought an oven thermometer for a couple of quid to check it and it was absolutely bang on correct temperature :lol: 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

When we got a new oven my mrs kept saying it was faulty and not getting hot enough (when the food was being served up uncooked). 

I bought an oven thermometer for a couple of quid to check it and it was absolutely bang on correct temperature :lol: 

......so you told her........what, exactly ? 😉

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

What did you check the accuracy of the oven thermometer with ? ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Maybe you previously had the same oven as @bickster

• Like 1

On 23/11/2022 at 13:29, Seat68 said:

I have a Christmas party booked soon. Pure craft followed by Dishoom. I am conscious that a few senior managers are attending so I will drink little and keep my mouth shut. It’s been many a year since I was talked about as “that guy” at Christmas parties but at one point it was too regular. 

I love Purecraft. I'll see you there ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

My Xmas unofficially starts tonight at the Dudley real ale festival.

Done it for probably 10 years now (missed a couple along the way).

Always a fun night.

Can I come to your Christmas Party please? 

10 hours ago, bickster said:

My missus has decreed that we need a new oven for xmas because the current one keeps burning things

I feel a talk about cooking on a slightly lower temperature is needed

I won't win

You may find yourself having to return the new oven because it doesn’t work any better than the old one.  What’ll you do then?