Christmas 2022

Seat68

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

It’s been many a year since I was talked about as “that guy” at Christmas parties but at one point it was too regular

I'm afraid I was "that guy" on more than one occasion. Hope I'm past the statute of limitations for blackmail by now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Christmas idea for those of you struggling to buy yourselves nice things.  I think I'm going to invest in a Herman Miller Aeron desk chair this Christmas for my posture and primarily my lower back.  They're the Rolls Royce of desk chairs and brand new they're a small fortune (for a chair), but you can get them refurbished/reconditioned on the likes of eBay for sensible money. That'll be my treat for me, and my back will thank me for it.

Hi Bof, 

Ive been sitting on one of these for 15 years (also picked one up of eBay). If you are buying one to fix your back I would save your money. They are nice chairs but that is it.

If you have a bad back now you will still have one after sitting on this chair. 

If you want to fix your back get it strong and get it flexible. Ie use it! 

Chair isn’t going to fix either of those things.

Not to say don’t buy the chair, They are definitely comfortable. Just buy it for the right reasons. 

I have been on this exact journey so consider me your ghost of Xmas future 😀

• Like 1

Just now, villaglint said:

Hi Bof, 

Ive been sitting on one of these for 15 years (also picked one up of eBay). If you are buying one to fix your back I would save your money. They are nice chairs but that is it.

If you have a bad back now you will still have one after sitting on this chair. 

If you want to fix your back get it strong and get it flexible. Ie use it! 

Chair isn’t going to fix either of those things.

Not to say don’t buy the chair, They are definitely comfortable. Just buy it for the right reasons. 

I have been on this exact journey so consider me your ghost of Xmas future 😀

It's not to fix my back. I know they're not miracle workers. It's just to be the most comfortable I can possibly be while working every day. A positive tweak I can make to my day to day. But I appreciate the positive review of it. 15 year road test is an endorsement in itself.

• Like 1

The missus loves Xmas and Halloween and the decs are itching to be put up as early as possible. I'm not too fussed (especially with Halloween). They'll go up, and it'll be nice for a week - but then I'm waiting to take them down, dust and hoover and get the place back to normal XD

Be interesting with the dog this year.. wonder what she'll think of the tree and baubles..

22 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Be interesting with the dog this year.. wonder what she'll think of the tree and baubles..

Every year I find it funny reading on local social media about how their pets are terrified of fireworks and I look at my dog, fast asleep without a care in the world. 

I’ve even walked him and had fireworks go off around us and he doesn’t flinch or bother with it at all.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Every year I find it funny reading on local social media about how their pets are terrified of fireworks and I look at my dog, fast asleep without a care in the world. 

I’ve even walked him and had fireworks go off around us and he doesn’t flinch or bother with it at all.

Is it a dalmation?

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

We had a cat that loved to sit in the window and watch the firework displays. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

It’s been many a year since I was talked about as “that guy” at Christmas parties but at one point it was too regular. 

only once for me. fortunately the worst that happened was that i fell over and took out the massive christmas tree in the hotel lobby

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

A beagle

I admit I was being tongue in cheek. The dalmation breed is known to have a genetic defect where quite a few of them are deaf as a post :P

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, BOF said:

I admit I was being tongue in cheek. The dalmation breed is known to have a genetic defect where quite a few of them are deaf as a post :P

I suspected there was a joke in there but I didn’t spot it.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

I suspected there was a joke in there but I didn’t spot it.

I've heard (no pun intended) that on average 1 in 5 dalmatian pups are born deaf😥

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Genie said:

Mine was the same. First firework night and she didn't have any issues. I tried to ignore them myself and not react, seemed to work.

Rememberance Day Cub Scout march though.. she was proper freaked out by the band and marching.