Unai Emery

PeterSw

21 hours ago, striker said:

Great for club and manager so he can continue to build his own dynasty while interested parties now know they'll have to pay a fortune to prise him away.

Have to admit I had more than a little trepidation when he was announced as Villa manager due to opinions from Arsenal supporters. However, I'm very glad to say I was very wrong about him.

Fantastic manager!

I had no idea, he would be this good.......I just defaulted to my usual stance.....give them a chance, and see what they can do.

Its like ..."open the box " on "take your pick show"......you never know whats inside, it could be a booby or a star prize.....but we do now....Unai is our Star Prize.

take your pick.jpg

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Pretty poor presentation - he spends the whole time talking to the whiteboard, and doesn't face his audience once, or involve them in any way.

You have to be really knowledgeable and respected to get away with that.

Luckily....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 23/04/2024 at 15:10, Jas10 said:

Scary to think he's even ahead of George Ramsay...

If he gets half of Ramsay's hardware haul, we're all going to be very happy.

• Like 1

With Klopp leaving Emery will be the 2nd best manager in the league.

The time to pounce on the top 4 is now.

We've got a great opportunity

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dubliner said:

Would I trade him with Guardiola though?

Absolutely no chance

I probably would for Pep but not for anybody else

I'd swap for Pep if you wanted to give him Petrostate sport washing levels of funding and were happy with winning the champions league once a decade in return

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 3

Nope, absolutely not, no comparison for me.. just listening to that video you can hear exactly what he wants. He is already ahead now, it's only gonna get better..

I wouldnt trade that for any amount of oil or sarky comments

• Like 1

I think Pep would do an excellent job here, but I wouldn't swap Emery for anyone at the moment. Everything just feels so right

33 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I probably would for Pep but not for anybody else

I wouldn't tbh. I know Pep's the best manager in the world but I don't care - I don't need the best - I love having someone who cares as much as Emery does and he's more than diligent and talented enough as it is. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I wouldn't tbh. I know Pep's the best manager in the world but I don't care - I don't need the best - I love having someone who cares as much as Emery does and he's more than diligent and talented enough as it is. 

Do you think Pep would have done as well with relegation-threatened Villa as Emery has?

I’m very skeptical. Pep may be the better manager but he might not be the best for a club of our size/budget.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I would not swap Emery for anyone. Sometimes a manager is the right fit for a certain club and I believe Emery was just made for Aston Villa. He is the right manager for us, the best manager for us.

I wonder how much of a draw working under him will be for players. He has improved everyone at the club and surely any prospective signings will be thinking about that. Especially younger players 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I would not swap Emery for anyone. Sometimes a manager is the right fit for a certain club and I believe Emery was just made for Aston Villa. He is the right manager for us, the best manager for us.

Emery was my dream appointment just because of the job he's done at clubs below the super clubs (Villarreal might be yet another level or 2 below that tbf). Not saying anyone could have success at PSG, Man C, Barca, Real and so on but that's a different job. Building something at a big but not huge club takes something else and Villa/Emery seemed like a perfect fit.

His time at Arsenal was also great in the regard that it was an impossible job but a job where he learned a lot and likely left him with something to prove to himself. I've wanted a true tactician for Villa for ages, not some buzz word "pashun" who got stumped every time the opponent adapted at ht.

Didn't for a moment dream we'd develop this much this fast and a lot of credit needs to go to the owners for backing him with transfers and salaries. Just the obvious thing that he demanded and was allowed to bring the entire coaches group that he wanted. Remember the good old days when we had to wait 6 months for the manager to get some random assistant and coaches in. Not great that.

There will always be set backs but by now even the batten down the hatches and kick it towards the tall guy crowd will have built up enough trust in what he's doing to allow him the time to sort those out. Right?

• Like 3

Â