Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think in summer they'll look to get creative. Set performance targets that trigger an extension. I like the idea of locking him down on a log contract

Wood he go for that though?

Or would he leaf? 

Sorry… it’s clear he will stick around. 

• Haha 3

Great for club and manager so he can continue to build his own dynasty while interested parties now know they'll have to pay a fortune to prise him away.

Have to admit I had more than a little trepidation when he was announced as Villa manager due to opinions from Arsenal supporters. However, I'm very glad to say I was very wrong about him.

Fantastic manager!

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Have Villa Park and the surrounding areas declare independence and call it the Sultanate of Unai, with Emery as the absolute monarch.

Clipboard01.jpg

Emery's head needs some drop shadow

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Why are the percentages different between the tables?

First table is for all Villa managers ever and all games (all competitions), second is PL only and PL games only.

So this new contract wasnt really a new contract, it was the triggering of the 1 optional year that was part of the agreement when Emery joined.

I would guess that they both have to agree to the extension, though, so all good i guess.

Would be nice to see a new long term contract in the summer!

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So this new contract wasnt really a new contract, it was the triggering of the 1 optional year that was part of the agreement when Emery joined.

I would guess that they both have to agree to the extension, though, so all good i guess.

Would be nice to see a new long term contract in the summer!

I think that its been done to avoid any doubt about his future. We approached and he agreed with a view to talking again in the summer.  The club or Unai don't want anything to distract  over the next month. Its potentially the 2nd biggest month in our modern history. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think that its been done to avoid any doubt about his future. We approached and he agreed with a view to talking again in the summer.  The club or Unai don't want anything to distract  over the next month. Its potentially the 2nd biggest month in our modern history. 

Run up to playoffs, beating Albion and then Derby has to come second behind Rotterdam. 

Zero of what is happening now happens if that run didn't take place. Team would have been decimated and we could / would have been down there for a significant amount of time. 

Emery'd masterclass at the Emirates really was an achievement of ridiculous proportions.

Arsenal are a brilliant football team 

• Like 2

Athletic (paywall) article on Emery and the future. I think in the summer we'll see a new contract to 2030 or so.

https://theathletic.com/5438265/2024/04/24/unai-emery-aston-villa-contract-dynasty/

Edens and Sawiris want Emery’s tenure, which began in October 2022, to replicate the authority and longevity Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson had at the start of the Premier League era with Arsenal and Manchester United respectively. And, most importantly, Emery feels the same.

• Like 1

I don't listen to TalkShite etc but I'm bracing myself for the narrative that he isn't going to a "big" club because none of those clubs came in for him.

That way they their belief persistence is undisturbed. And the clickbait / outrage generation can continue.

You cannot win with these plonkers.

Â