Unai Emery

PeterSw

14 minutes ago, villaliver said:

Emery is better than O'Neil the feel good factor is back so glad his signed an extension   

Infinitely better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, villaliver said:

Emery is better than O'Neil the feel good factor is back so glad his signed an extension   

Not even a comparison between those two.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Love his mentality and standards…

This man is going to win us a league title* isn't he?

*Either when City get 115 charges or Pep **** off to level the playing field.

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

This man is going to win us a league title* isn't he?

*Either when City get 115 charges or Pep **** off to level the playing field.

If not for the injuries… might have happened this season 😉 😜 🤣

Some excellent signings and I don’t see why we can’t challenge in the near future… obv a lot would have to go our way… but having Liverpool going through a transition and Chelsea’s continued slump… why rule it out…?

We have blown City and Arsenal away this season… even with a depleted team…

But… I prefer to be patient and realistic 😆

• Like 2

The more I see of him, the more I love him. He lives for winning, and he clearly loves the club. I think we're very very lucky to have such a great manager and I hope he becomes a legend at VP over the next few years

• Like 1

Absolutely everyone in the world should watch every one of Unai’s press conferences. He is such an inspirational man. He just lives the improve every day mantra. I have full on man flu today but after watching that I feel like I could run a marathon! What a manager we have. I hope he never leaves. UTV!

• Like 1

I knew he would be good, but I cant believe what he has achieved since becoming manager. I go back to the 70's as a Villa fan and Emery is by far the best manager I have seen at the club. If he stays for a number of years we will be winning silverware, and it wasn't too long ago I thought that would never happen again.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2024 at 12:51, Teale's 'tache said:

It is a really interesting article and it highlights some of the points I've mentioned previously about conserving energy.

It gives me hope that what we are doing is more sustainable than the likes of Newcastle, a high-intensity press resulting in a lot of chaotic high-energy games is not sustainable, as they are finding out with injuries/tiredness and additional games in Europe really having had a detrimental effect on their season.

We've also had a bad season for injuries, but it does feel more like bad luck than anything else, Mings, Buendia, Ramsey and Moreno's injuries were all pretty much before the season started, so not through being overworked, we've had a few muscle injuries (Torres, Digne) but nowhere near the extent of Newcastle and I'd imagine less than most teams. Kamara's injury could happen to anyone at any time really. The fact we are still going strong at this late stage, without really being able to rotate much because of injuries is incredible when you think about it. Emery is very experienced in managing league and European workloads, and it's really impressive how his system accommodates these rest periods in-game. 

I hope articles like this crop up a bit more and continue to educate the fans about what we are trying to do, I think the crowd have got a lot better at understanding the need for playing it out from the back, and are a lot more patient than they used to be.

I think any team that wants to consistently challenge the top 4 places has to be very savvy in the transfer market, because you can't compete with those above/around you thanks to FFP, and you have to manage the gruelling Europa, or Conference League campaign that you invariably get on your way up the ladder. Emery has proven to be brilliant at both so far.

He's just doing an incredible job and deserves every bit of praise that comes his way.

I must confess, how I have been one of those fans, educated by him on energy conservation....and many other things.

I have always taken it for granted.

I am also enlightened, by his reference to projects.....saying winning the next game, plays a huge part in the project, so that's always his main focus.

He has allegedly told the owners the here and now, is the main project, without winning the long term never comes. I think he makes an excellent observation.

The here and now, creates the long term......Consistency is what Unai, always talks about, and it is that, that takes us to the holy grail......There will be no final destination of sorts, without winning.

As every day passess, Unai Emery, shows instances, where he is so aware of what is required, to take us to the top......it is that, that makes us realise, that the long term, will be our destination....and the man knows how to get there.

Sure things still take time, but winning games are the building blocks, to our final destination of consistent top 4.

What a manager.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

On 25/04/2024 at 21:46, MotoMkali said:

This is pretty worthless without emery's taking to go with it. 

That used to be like a shopping list, I had from my mom, when I was a kid.......took me 6 hrs to go shopping.🤣

16 hours ago, T-Dog said:

The more I see of him, the more I love him. He lives for winning, and he clearly loves the club. I think we're very very lucky to have such a great manager and I hope he becomes a legend at VP over the next few years

I think he might be already.

We are almost guaranteed our best position since 1996-97 and could get fourth for thr first time since 1995-96. In with a shout for a trophy.

I think he is a legend already. He has brought back days wr haven't had in almost 30 years.

• Like 2

His commitment to playing around at the back,  even when we are under pressure we keep doing it, sometimes it bites us but he persist. He knows that if we can get the players to do it well, under pressure , then we have a winning formula.  

It would be easy to abandon it in certain games but he persists, he teaching the players to be better and he's also educating the fans, it's unbelievable tbh. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

His commitment to playing around at the back,  even when we are under pressure we keep doing it, sometimes it bites us but he persist. He knows that if we can get the players to do it well, under pressure , then we have a winning formula.  

It would be easy to abandon it in certain games but he persists, he teaching the players to be better and he's also educating the fans, it's unbelievable tbh. 

It's got to the point where I scream at the telly if we abandon it and just start playing it long, especially Emi.

• Like 1

Â