Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Stevo71 said:

I don't listen to TalkShite etc but I'm bracing myself for the narrative that he isn't going to a "big" club because none of those clubs came in for him.

That way they their belief persistence is undisturbed. And the clickbait / outrage generation can continue.

You cannot win with these plonkers.

There’s nothing to win, tune out 

• Like 1

And yet Emery don't cry about decisions. He just get on with things and blames nobody but himself.

No excuse culture.

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

And yet Emery don't cry about decisions. He just get on with things and blames nobody but himself.

No excuse culture.

It’d be worth counting the number of players (and their minutes) used too… no one’s had it as challenging yet achieved so much at the same time. Unai is easily manager of the season and Ollie is easily player of the season. 

We don’t have the luxuries, finances, wide array of options, favour/influence and whatever else teams like Pool, City n Arse do…

Unai has done a remarkable job and not once complained about any kind of setbacks… mainly the sickening injuries but hasn’t even mentioned the schedule or poor decisions and referees. He’s the grown up, the rest of them are bickering and petulant kids!

46 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

It feels like we've won the lottery. 

For the first time in my life I'm actually daring to dream about winning the PL. I'm by no means saying we will, but it doesn't seem like such a fantasy anymore. 

spacer.png

23 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

In this day and age we need, at least, selfie proof.😉

I didn't ask him for a photo, it was late (10-30ish) and he looked like he was trying to get away.  He was in front of me, I was going to leave it until my wife shouted 'Unai' 🤣

23 hours ago, HKP90 said:

And? Well? What did he say??? You're killing me over here.

In true Unai fashion he said - "but not today, not so good" (was after the Brentford game 🤣) - followed it up by saying "But we keep going" - and he was true to his word!

12 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

This is why it would be absolutely scandalous if we didn't finish in the top 4. Thankfully I'm confident we will. 

shocked how many points Newton Heath have it that period

Just now, Mic09 said:

Great. That means season 2041/2042 will be shit once he leaves. 

We can have the 2041/42 version of David Moyes to replace him. 

Kieran McKenna? 

9 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Great. That means season 2041/2042 will be shit once he leaves. 

Nah his son is being nurtured to take over from his old man. Continuity and all that ;)

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It's a thing to look at in regards to who is playing and who is not, and to who's might be out the door, or in Not all players will thrive in such a tactical and analytical heave environment and some might take longer than others to adapt (have thought this about Duran but that's based on nothing really).

Could you imagine Gabby sitting through hours and hours of video analyses or understanding a meticulous tactical drilling.

10 minutes ago, sne said:

It's a thing to look at in regards to who is playing and who is not, and to who's might be out the door, or in Not all players will thrive in such a tactical and analytical heave environment and some might take longer than others to adapt (have thought this about Duran but that's based on nothing really).

Could you imagine Gabby sitting through hours and hours of video analyses or understanding a meticulous tactical drilling.

He'd have fallen asleep the gormless eejit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Younger players are maybe less attentive as a result of being less mature.

There's a lot of former great players who I could imagine having trouble sitting through such a session. "Gascoigne" for instance 

I can see now why it only works with those clubs below the elite. We were terrible. Emery started in depth video analysis.  Then we were brilliant. That gives buy in to the level of detail . And when new players come in they see how the current players are listening and buy in as well. These players of ours are on the whole playing the best football of their whole careers. They would never get bored of that.

Imagine him going in at Bayern. Or Manure. Too many egos and relationships between the media and the players. More leaks than one of my plumbing jobs. 

• Like 1

Â