Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL Managers have their pros, cons and reasoning for decisions they take lads.

We have to take the good with the perceived " bad " .

Especially since the good exponentially outweighs the bad when it comes to Unai.

In truth, he has extracted so much out of this team this season it is like they are on their last legs.

I just really hope we can find a BIG second wind to push ourselves over the line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

The decision to move Philogene, Ramsey and Archer out does not seem so smart now.

Oh come on, that was purely down to finances, as was letting Dendoncker go.  

I do think Tim should have played to give us more legs in the middle as we are really vulnerable there at the moment.  I noticed that Zaniolo wasn't in the squad today after making Thursday! 

We desperately need Tielemans and Martinez back 

• Like 1

Unai is king. He has taken the eighth best squad, maybe ninth best, to at least fifth and hopefully fourth. He will improve our squad in the summer but it’s likely that Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle, Chelsea and Utd will start next season with a better squad than us. It doesn’t matter though because we have the best manager in my view. Unai is King. Him signing a new long term deal in the summer is the most important signing we could possibly make.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

The decision to move Philogene, Ramsey and Archer out does not seem so smart now.

None of them are doing a job in the PL right now. Why would you assume they can help us here. This is our first European campaign in almost 20 years. Teams get tired but then you throw in the long term injuries and it's just the way it is. Nothing to be done but support the team. The manager has worked a miracle to get us to the precipice of CL qualifications. 

A great testament to the ethos and discipline that Unai has instilled exemplified that despite the absolute exhaustion on these players, no one’s pulling for cramps or asking to be rotated out unless actually injured. 

There’s nothing left in the tank in the squad but Unai has ensured there’s no quitters on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't agree allani. The fans aren't turning on Unai just questioning decisions. He's been undoubtedly brilliant for us but as much as he take the plaudits week in and week out his decisions should also be questioned when it goes wrong. It's not a witch hunt. 

Some of the criticisms the players get is over the top without doubt but I think most sane individuals understand they're running on empty and low on confidence .

I'd read some of the comments on the match thread again (I know - it's never a very balanced place to be) - bottle jobs, pathetic, not bothered, useless were all terms used frequently.  Not to mention the number of complaints about the lack of urgency, lack of effort, lack of interest, lack of fight.  Plus all the complaints about us playing the ball across the back - despite it leading to so many of our goals this season.  Obviously it isn't all fans - but it doesn't need to be.  All you need is a loud, vocal minority to disrupt all the progress we have made.

31 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Simply adore him…

we will keep fighting… hopefully we can welcome back some players and get the lift we desperately need…

Unai and the players (esp with how depleted and tired the squad has been and is) have done incredibly well… we’re nearly there.. and will never give up.

UTV 💜💙

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

It also make the decision to let Dendonker go out on loan very poor considering the lack of faith with Tim getting minutes when we need another body in the centre. Piss poor tbh.

I actually think the stranger decision was not putting Tim out on a six month loan in August. He was just coming off the back of a 40 game season so seems logical to loan him out again with recall in January as the four CMs were all fit then with Donk around and Ramsey was also available for a few games.

Get Tim up to sharpness and then get him back when we sent Donk to Napoli. Instead he's just been warming the bench for months and clearly Unai doesn't think he's up to the intensity of the games we're now playing.

We did it with KHH after all.

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

Feel reasonably confident he will get us over the line for CL  next season. Probably not Conference final if Rogers is badly injured. What an incredible achievement that would be.

• Like 1

Working miracles still. They can only get you so far when half your first team is injured. 

Overdue a bit of good luck which hopefully arrives on Thursday night and gets a reward for his work this season.

Love the post match comments, but a shame the gameplan got shafted by yet another njury. 

Posted (edited)

Unai Emery… the miracle worker…

Just imagine where we would be without all of the sickening injuries… but 4th will do for now 😂 

Credit to the players too… worked their butts off.

Manager of the season.

Edited by Jas10

Â